Gingerbread update doesn't install

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
So I finally got the update download after a fiasco with the dreaded 'low storage' nonsense. Now, once the download gets done, after 20 minutes or so, it just says rebooting and sits there. I let it go for over 20 minutes thinking it would go, and nothing. The cancel install button doesn't do anything and once you hit back, it goes to the homescreen and says my system is up to date. Does anyone know how i can install it since i've already downloaded it twice, and what i can do so it actually installs??

OP
RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
ok, so its worse than i thought. The update crashed my phone, all my apps are force closing and just acting really screwed up in general. Would not recommend installing this update

OlafTheOx

Reaction score
If your phone was rooted before trying the update, you could install Stock Plus Gingersense. It is a ROM that is simply the 2.3 update with some bloatware removed, a few extras added, and preserves root (unlike the OTA update). There's a thread on XDA Forums with instructions and links to download.

DInc with CyanogenMod 7.1

OP
RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I've been putting off rooting my phone. I ended up doing a factory reset, reinstalling the update, and now its working great, love it, but it was a pretty big hassel.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

siresinc

Reaction score
Since the update I have been trying to solve a number of problems .... Mainly this storage full issue..hard reset did nothing for me except make me want to fight . Maybe the issue has been solved in some shape or form . But I thought I would share something that made everthing work better and got rid of the storage full multiple notification . I went into applications and scrolled to HTC Sence and cleared data . Scared me for a minute because it rebooted and appeared as if I did a hard reset ... Everything came back like a hard reset all my widgets were gone and home screens appeared factory but all apps were present and the phone has been working great . I'm holding my breath a bit .... I put a ton of widget on the screens .... That pull a lot of memory and the phone is snappy ?
Anyone has thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

jmurra

Reaction score
Is it still working as mnie has the 605.3 update and I am still getting the low memory message and I have now killed off about a dozen apps that I had loaded. Most others moved to the SD Card.