Gingerbread Keyboard.

tjrocks91

Reaction score
I'm running the 2.3.320 update leak, I have root, superuser, etc. I know my stuff, I'm not a n00b, I used to keep up with the old DROID and all of its ROMs. For some reason, everytime I try to install the new 2.3 keyboard I get sent into a bootloop after a restart. It's the fourth time this has happened. First I installed through a .zip file through CW recovery. Bootloop. Yes, I did mount system. Next, I tried fabolous's version that doesn't require mounting. Bootloop. Then, i tried using Rom Manager twice and got the same result. I SBFed each time I got stuck in a bootloop and re-rooted. I don't understand why my phone won't work with the new keyboard.

scf

Reaction score
2.3.320 is NOT gingerbread. That is most likely your issue.

It's actually 2.2.1, and not 2.3

Dugall12

Reaction score
I'm typing this message right now using the gingerbread keyboard on my Droid 1 CM 6.1. I got Pete Alfonso 's rip of it from Droid life and applied the. Zip file using Clockwork recovery. It said it was a fixed version so maybe you got the unfixed one?

scf

Reaction score
Now that I've done more reading, I see where others have done the same thing. Some are doing just fine, others are having fits.

OP
T

tjrocks91

Reaction score
No, I read up that you have to be deodexed in order to run it. I deodexed and it worked perfectly.