Gingerbread for ThunderBolt OTA Update Rolling Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-thunderbolt-soft.jpg

It's official. You can get Gingerbread 2.3.4 for your TBolt now. If you haven’t received the update just yet, you can manually get it by going into your Settings > Software Update > Check New.

*** This is for stock devices only ***

*** There seems to be some bugs already such as voicemail notifications ***

Source: ThunderboltForums.com

iGrizz

Reaction score
I randomly checked this afternoon out of curiosity and I had a 143 mb download. Took about 15 minutes to download and I checked my software afterwards and I am indeed running on Gingerbread 2.3.4.

EDIT: I had two voicemails when I downloaded the update and they still are in my notification bar. Have not opened up voicemail to listen to them. Don't know if that helps at all but my voicemail seems to be working fine.

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
Voicemail notifications show up after a reboot or putting the phone in / out of airplane mode. I bet if you listen to them, reboot your phone and then leave another voicemail, the notification will not come back until you do one of the two steps earlier.

iGrizz

Reaction score
Gingerbread seems to have blocked LauncherPro. I cannot find the app in my app drawer and when I check my downloads on the marketplace it doesn't give me the option to open it. All it will let me do is uninstall it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Haha I downloaded ADW Launcher to see if it would work and it doesnt. It does the exact same thing, won't appear in my app drawer and when I open it in the marketplace it says Uninstall and that's it. Guess Gingerbread won't allow me to use Home Replacement Apps.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I was using LP when I received the update this morning, and it worked and is still working after the update.

Haven't had any problems with SMS or VMs.

Out of curiosity, are the people reporting problems using the official OTA or the "leaked unofficial" GB direct download that was posted onlined last week?

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
Gingerbread seems to have blocked LauncherPro. I cannot find the app in my app drawer and when I check my downloads on the marketplace it doesn't give me the option to open it. All it will let me do is uninstall it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Haha I downloaded ADW Launcher to see if it would work and it doesnt. It does the exact same thing, won't appear in my app drawer and when I open it in the marketplace it says Uninstall and that's it. Guess Gingerbread won't allow me to use Home Replacement Apps.

Had the same issue. Went into the applications-> manage applications-> All and cleared defaults on "HTC Sense"
Pressed the home key and it asked me which home I wanted to use.

rbw62

Reaction score
Can u get ota if you installed leak v. 2.11.605.2

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

markgam

Reaction score
Ok, upgraded this morning and I just gas three reboots in a row. I just hope that isn't going to start again!

Sent from my TBolt

gallows

Reaction score
Is your Voicemail Notification not working with Gingerbread?

TeamBamf released a patch to fix it today for those running their Bamf Forever 1.0.6 rom. The ROM is also the same version as the OTA push.

So bag crappy slow verizon and htc support and just root and install the rom. They have step by step instructions on their forums that make it very very easy. I'm an idiot and I made out just fine. These guys have been wonderful in keeping me up and running when verizon and htc have dropped the ball!

[GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.6

Mysfit

Reaction score
I haven't recieved the update yet. Still tells me no update available. Still on 2.2.1 stock.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

UBNUTN

Reaction score
i heard of another guy who was rooted and downloaded the last leak and it wiped out some of his saved stuff. I am however stock,but will i need to save anything before i download this ota?

jseah

Reaction score
i heard of another guy who was rooted and downloaded the last leak and it wiped out some of his saved stuff. I am however stock,but will i need to save anything before i download this ota?

Nope. If you installed the leak, it will wipe your phone. But if you get the update from Verizon through the OTA management, then all your data will be saved and restored.

rbw62

Reaction score
What if you are running leak, will you still get ota?

Iowaberg

Reaction score
This morning I checked for new software, and it said it was available. I deferred it until i read a little more about it. Now tonight, i check for new software, and it says nothing is available. I double checked and im still running the old version. What do i need to do to get it again?

rbw62

Reaction score
I believe this is a SOAK TEST, if there are enough problems they will pull it.