Gingerbread for the Thunderbolt Coming Very Soon; Changelog Released Online

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thunderbolt-gingerbread1-update-soon.jpg

From the reports we are seeing in the industry, it is very likely that the Gingerbread 2.11.605.3 for the HTC Thunderbolt OTA will be rolling out soon. HTC has already released the Gingerbread support document to the internet, which signals that it should come within a few days. We will keep you apprised as new details arise. Here's a link to the support document below:

HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread Update Support Doc.pdf

To check for the update, head into: Menu>Settings>Software update and “Check new.” Sound off in the thread as soon as you start to get the update, so we can share in your find!

Source: ThunderboltForums via Droid-Life

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
It will finally come out, but super buggy, and owners will have to wait another month to get a stable version.

serika

Reaction score
Seriously? Well that's unfortunate for those who aren't power users.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Isn't the leak already out which voice mail still dont work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Isn't the leak already out which voice mail still dont work.

Yes, they are apparently going to ship with that bug that everyone has known about for months.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Yes, they are apparently going to ship with that bug that everyone has known about for months.

Dude that's gonna suck. I'm sure there are people who depend on vm

rbw62

Reaction score
My voice mail works just fine, just recieved 2 vm.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
My voice mail works just fine, just recieved 2 vm.

The majority of people are saying it dont work. Did u reboot your phone and got the VM notification or it worked just how its supposed to work :blink:

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
I called Verizonwireless tonight because of the issue(s) with sms.... you send to one person but it actually goes to another person.. Well i asked about the 2.3 update and he said all their phones got it except the TB. he said he didnt see the TB getting the 2.3 update before the end of Q3 like they claim. he said this because he claimed there was another patch coming as well, and this one was for the SMS problems people are having as this could be a security issue.. (due to messages going to wrong people). he said he thought we would get the patch update before the 2.3 Update. so he told me tonight to wait another 2 weeks at least. he claimed as of tonight no TB was sent the 2.3 update even though its 9/27

jseah

Reaction score
Just went into settings and checked for update. System responded that a 140-something MB update was available. It is downloading now.

RVC

Reaction score
This phone is substandard. Can't wait to replace it with the Vigor.....