Gingerbread for D2

Oowoon

Reaction score
Motorola has nothing to do with the decision to lock the bootloader on this phones. Decisions like that are made by the carrier. Read motos press release about unlocking the bootloaders and you will find that buried in there.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

If that were true, then why would verizon post on twitter saying you CAN activate and unlocked bootlader phone on their network...and why did motorola post on their site sayin that late 2011 they will start unlocking their bootloaders...its the manufacturers. That's why htc and sony both announced that why will be unlocking their bootladers

Sent from my DROID2

Above person is correct.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Motorola has nothing to do with the decision to lock the bootloader on this phones. Decisions like that are made by the carrier. Read motos press release about unlocking the bootloaders and you will find that buried in there.

If that were true, then why would verizon post on twitter saying you CAN activate and unlocked bootlader phone on their network...and why did motorola post on their site sayin that late 2011 they will start unlocking their bootloaders...its the manufacturers. That's why htc and sony both announced that why will be unlocking their bootladers

Sent from my DROID2

Read the press release from Moto. It said they will begin unlocking the bootloader "where carriers allow."

Verizon sold the droid 1, which could be activated. That is what verizons quote means.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
They were trying to push fault on the carriers, instead of taking the blame. I wouldn't doubt if carriers had some influence in the final decision to lock, but it ultimately come down to motos choice.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
Kingsway is right, the pro is getting it before the D2 but id guess maybe mid June early July for the D2
*correction* I recently heard early to mid september. :/ the froyo is really starting to melt. how about a nice batch of googles homemade gingerbread OS!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums