Gigngerbread finally coming to the D2 by way of an official ota?

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Has anyone actually received the OTA that was in on the soak test?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

americanz

Reaction score
i am supposed to be in on the soak. i have sfb back to stock froyo and am waiting. hope they hurry stock froyo sucks... and i got my email sunday. said it would be like a week or something i think. i dont remember. will keep you all posted tho

mgarney26

Reaction score
i am supposed to be in on the soak. i have sfb back to stock froyo and am waiting. hope they hurry stock froyo sucks... and i got my email sunday. said it would be like a week or something i think. i dont remember. will keep you all posted tho
i myself am also supposed to be in the soak test but what im hoping is that if we were rooted we dont get left out...i seem to remember the e-mail saying there was a possibility that we wouldnt get it even if we unrooted. im keeping my fingers crossed as i have constantly been contacting motorola to find out about it. lol.

americanz

Reaction score
Yeah I was rooted too. I sbf tho so im hoping I can get it. If you get it let me know

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once you get the ota, you all know that you won't have root right? Just checking. I know it's been mentioned, but I thought id say it again haha

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

RJT185

Reaction score
Once you get the ota, you all know that you won't have root right? Just checking. I know it's been mentioned, but I thought id say it again haha

Only a matter of time before root solution is achieved. :)

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
Only a matter of time before root solution is achieved. :)

+1....And even if it isnt we could always just go back to a rooted rom.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
How much different is the ota from the leaked, pre rooted gb monster file that came out before?

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
How much different is the ota from the leaked, pre rooted gb monster file that came out before?

If its anything like the gb thats on the d3 it will be a whole lot different. Remains to be seen obviously but i know i want to at least check and see what improvements were made.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, you mean the latest blur? Like the blur that's coming on the bionic?
That would be sweet. I didn't think it wasn't gonna be like that at all. Keep us posted.