Gigngerbread finally coming to the D2 by way of an official ota?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Only a matter of time before root solution is achieved. :)

According to the developers over at RootzWiki, GB can't be rooted after install like Froyo, only before.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

hond2

Reaction score
According to the developers over at RootzWiki, GB can't be rooted after install like Froyo, only before.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Just saw a tweet that D3 had been rooted, over at XDA.
Another tweet says the method will work for all Moto GB updates

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

michael7269

Reaction score
So what do you think? Once the root is done, will Great Ones who gave us CM74D2 create one for this? I hope so. I am using CM7 right now and I love it (except for the battery issue). Gonna sbf later today and await the OTA.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've decided that I can't deal with stock software. With Blur, I'm constantly running around 36 degrees (C), while on other Blur-less ROM's, I'm running around 32 degrees (C). It was too hot to hold in my hand last night while watching a four minute YouTube video.

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I am still running stock D2 and am curious how the GB update will change things. Sure I could mod it, but right now no time and it is still plugging along,lol. May go to D3 when my NE2 comes up, but still have a while till then.Co worker has one and I loved the slightly bigger size. Plus I still use a keyboard at times.

mgarney26

Reaction score
I am still running stock D2 and am curious how the GB update will change things. Sure I could mod it, but right now no time and it is still plugging along,lol. May go to D3 when my NE2 comes up, but still have a while till then.Co worker has one and I loved the slightly bigger size. Plus I still use a keyboard at times.

If you go to the support page on verizon.com it gives a list of all the purported changes associated with gb...looks good to me but im a firm believer that what looks good on paper isn't always the case when it comes to these updates

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Look 6 posts up. That link will tell you the proposed changes.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

americanz

Reaction score
Just got my notifcation. Am downloading soak test gb right now!

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Woohoo about time we get something official that actually looks like it is going to happen!