Ghostly Turn Ons?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
i was wondering if anybody elses bionic for no reason what so ever just sitting on a desk or something your bionic just turns on? after turning off my bionic on quit a few occations i will be in the living room and hear the "droid" sound that it does when it turns on, i was just curious if it happens to others? Not a big deal just weird is all.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Sorry, I was using my Bionic to rule your machine.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

Scribble

Reaction score
An issue I've seen with all smartphones... Sometimes they just randomly reset.

beaucphus

Reaction score
Yes I turned my phone off twice today and watched it turn back on by itself just sitting on a desk...just turned itself on! only problem ive had so far after the third time it stayed off until I turned it back on.

Almost as creepy as annoying!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

beaucphus

Reaction score
Im not talking about a random reboot im talking powered it down and five minutes later powers up all on its own like a freaking phantom geek playing with my phone...a Bionic Phantom!

Almost as creepy as annoying

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
oh so thats what it was, lol.
Sorry, I was using my Bionic to rule your machine.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

An issue I've seen with all smartphones... Sometimes they just randomly reset.

i power it down after holding the power button and tapping power down then it shuts down then for no apperant reason it turns itself back on, very creepy this is the first smartphone that this has happend didn't do it with my first droid or my TB or any of the other smart phones iv owned. well at least im not the only one lol maybe the bionic is smarter than were lead to beleieve, dancedroid

Trash Can

Reaction score
i was wondering if anybody elses bionic for no reason what so ever just sitting on a desk or something your bionic just turns on? after turning off my bionic on quit a few occations i will be in the living room and hear the "droid" sound that it does when it turns on, i was just curious if it happens to others? Not a big deal just weird is all.

This has been an issue on my X ever since the GB update.

Discussion here.... Droid X powers on by itself.

Scribble

Reaction score
Huh... I missed that (that you'd powered down...)

Is it plugged in at the time? If so I wonder if it has something to do with whatever allows the phone to be off while the battery charges?

I don't know enough about things to know if that's an android thing or a Bionic thing? The original droid had to be be on while charging so it could monitor the battery stuff... So I wonder if the new phones are overriding something in Android that says to boot phone when plugged in, and every so often it messes up?

Otherwise I got nuthin. :p

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Might need a Bionicism ... <g> I was surprised today when I was talking to a vzw rep on the phone and asked if any word on a firmware update, and he asked what was wrong, I mentioned the moving apps to media area. He said an update will be coming, but its all part of being an 'early adapter' ... great advice.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
well i called verizon and asked them about it they say um yeah that is creepy, lol. and they said to do a battery pull wait ten seconds then put it back in and if it turns on still RUN, :rofl2: yes thats what she said i thought it was funny but other then doing that just keep the battery out till you need to use till the issue is fixed cause theres sometime i don't notice it cause i have it silent and then i go to use it and the battery will be dead. thats the most annoying part of it.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Huh... I missed that (that you'd powered down...)

Is it plugged in at the time? If so I wonder if it has something to do with whatever allows the phone to be off while the battery charges?

I don't know enough about things to know if that's an android thing or a Bionic thing? The original droid had to be be on while charging so it could monitor the battery stuff... So I wonder if the new phones are overriding something in Android that says to boot phone when plugged in, and every so often it messes up?

Otherwise I got nuthin. :p

nope its not plugged in even more creepy, lol if its a software issue then at least that can be fixed with a software update, and not a phone issue.

beaucphus

Reaction score
No it was not plugged in

Almost as creepy as annoying

beaucphus

Reaction score
Nope not plugged in probably verizon force feeding me data in order to get all my money