Ghost typing

Nezdude87

Reaction score
So, I hate to even say this, but my Bionic's screen is acting weird a little more often now. I'll touch a key and it'll spaz out and read that I touched everything in the vicinity. I make sure my screen is always clean, so I doubt it being something to do with that. Doesn't matter if it's plugged in or not. My only solution so far is to lock the screen and turn it back on. It does this on every rom, including stock. Doesn't matter what keyboard I use either. So far I've been living with it, just gets old turning the screen on and off mid sentence. Any clue what cause this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
Nezdude87

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Yeah. They all do the same thing. Sometimes you can see trails on swype and the jellybean keyboard if I just touch one letter.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
From that desctription I would say a dirty screen, but you say you keep it clean. Did it get wet at all? I'm trying to think of anything I can that you can try and not have to send it back. When ya clean, push down a little firmer on all parts of the screen when cleaning it.

And just for the hell of it, did you try a battery pull, although I doubt that will fix this, but doesn't hurt to try...

OP
Nezdude87

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Definitely not a dirty screen. I clean it constantly. Gently at first to remove anything that could cause hairline scratches, then I firmly wipe it to remove fingerprints. I have verizon, and have had this phone since last May (got it free with a two year plan, couldn't pass that up) and I love it. I didn't get total equipment protection though, and I know they don't carry bionics anymore, so I'm unsure about my options. Can't exactly shell out the money for another phone at the moment if that's required for a replacement phone. Hopefully this doesn't get worse.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well you are still in 1 year warranty. Chances are they will offer you a RAZR...trying to remember if there was a sensitivity option on my Bionic.. (Don't have it with me) .. still thinking...

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the digitizer is acting up. Maybe you dropped it or hit it on something and didnt know it. Call verizon and tell em. They will offer you a refurbished bionic. Try as hard as you can to get a razr though. Most likely they will fight you but don't give in. But at the end of the day you need a new phone.

The only other option i can think of is to do a factory reset. But im sure its a hardware problem. Wont hurt to try it though.

OP
Nezdude87

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Well, I've been using a new charger and things seem much more manageable. I called Verizon and told them I'd already troubleshooted it, and after making sure I'd done everything they had planned to tell me, they said it could be my charger. The USB cable in particular. I switched it with another Motorola charger and so far it hasn't happened. They did say that they were out of all razrs and offered me another bionic free or the s3 for the super low price of 450 bucks. I think I'll keep my baby as long as the screen continues to work decently, I was actually a little sad thinking I'd have to send it back lol.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
You didn't say it happened while plugged in... that's common when your phone is charging..

OP
Nezdude87

Nezdude87

Reaction score
I said it didn't matter if it was plugged in or not in my first post, it always did it. Should've been a little clearer on that, my bad.