Getting wallpaper to fit

Droid1610

Reaction score
Ok I just joined this forum and have spent hours reading various threads, I will admit ive learned some stuff just from reading but one thing I cant figure out is how to get wallpapers to fit on the screen. when i try to use the set as feature its makes me crop the image and then it blows the image up huge and does not set the picture as the background just part of it. Ive been trying to figure this out for days and ive saved some really cool high res pics but i cant get them to work any help would be great. - Droid1610 :)

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
Bump... I've continued looking for details on how to do this but can't seem to find any. Can anyone help?

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
Can u explain. I found a thread with high res wallpapers in it and they were displayed in the thread in the correct size so I saved it in that size and sent it to my email opened it with the droid and tried to save it as the wallpaper but it still made me crop it

bamfsig45

Reaction score
The yellow square that appears, put your finger on it and you will be allowed to adjust the size. There is a limitation though, the proper image size is 960x854 so if you get an image bigger than that it will have to be cropped.

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
I understand that the yellow box is used for adjusting but what happens on mine is whatever is in the yellow square get blown up huge and blurs out it does this will all pictures weather its taken with the camera or used off the memory card, I see no way of setting the image size.

If I can't figure this out I'm gonna post a video so u can see what I'm doing and then maybe then there will be a way to get a decent image set as a wallpaper.

If anyone can think of a way to help any further please try but I'm going nucking futz trying to do this on my own.

bigjohn

Reaction score
you realize the image your setting is spanning 3 screens? thus the 960x854 dimension

J

JohnDroid

To be honest, the way they've done the wallpaper is kind of bollocks. It should be 2 separate images, one for portrait and one for landscape.

In addition, each "swipe" to a new desktop should reveal a completely different portion of the wallpaper, rather then a partial overlap.

Unfortunately it's not done the way I would prefer ;(

azneon

Reaction score
If your image is already 960x854, drag the yellow box outward to fit the whole image inside. This way it won't get blown up.

krusers3

Reaction score
same problem here

I have been driving myself nuts also trying to figure this out. I would like a photo just on my main screen and not have it span all three screens. Is there an application out there that would do that?

CharlieJ

Reaction score
I have been driving myself nuts also trying to figure this out. I would like a photo just on my main screen and not have it span all three screens. Is there an application out there that would do that?

You could take the image, scale it down to 1/3 of the 960x854 resolution and most of it will fit on the main screen. Make the outer 2/3's black or white or whatever and then use the image as your background.

OR... just go to one of the links in my sig and download a cool new background for your Droid. :)