Getting spammed with different errors on Lenovo Tablet

hendrik hübner

Reaction score
So a few days ago my mum brought home a "Lenovo 2 tab a7-30f" tablet. She found it in front of a neighbours house with a sign that said "free tablet, still working". She gave it to me and asked me if I could get it to work and I quickly discovered the reason why it was given away: When you turn it on you immediately get blasted with error codes, most prominently "com.google.process.gapps has stopped". Most of the apps like chrome/youtube don't function either, and I frequently get popups that read something like "Application X has stopped." I did a hard reset but nothing changed. I also tried installing a rom of the android version (4.4.2) of the tablet using adb sideload, but all adb commands result in an "error:closed" (Also I have no idea whether that was the "correct" way to do it, so please correct me if that was a wrong thing to do).

I don't really know what to do now, so if somebody can help me here I would really appreciate it :D

There is no data to be lost by the way, so I dont really care if the solution would erase everything.

Thanks in advance!

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
So a few days ago my mum brought home a "Lenovo 2 tab a7-30f" tablet. She found it in front of a neighbours house with a sign that said "free tablet, still working". She gave it to me and asked me if I could get it to work and I quickly discovered the reason why it was given away: When you turn it on you immediately get blasted with error codes, most prominently "com.google.process.gapps has stopped". Most of the apps like chrome/youtube don't function either, and I frequently get popups that read something like "Application X has stopped." I did a hard reset but nothing changed. I also tried installing a rom of the android version (4.4.2) of the tablet using adb sideload, but all adb commands result in an "error:closed" (Also I have no idea whether that was the "correct" way to do it, so please correct me if that was a wrong thing to do).

I don't really know what to do now, so if somebody can help me here I would really appreciate it :D

There is no data to be lost by the way, so I dont really care if the solution would erase everything.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum. To run adb commands you have to have to bootloader unlocked. Then if you want to root, you need the tab plugged into a pc via usb to run the commands. Not familiar with any Lenovo Tab so not sure of the commands, search with google and you should be able to find them. You will need the android sdk installed on your pc or you can use minimal adb.
[TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [2-9-18]
I did find this.
Lenovo Tab 2 A7-30 Development Thread