Getting replacement

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Well we got our fascinates the end of December and already we are getting replacements. We haven't modded anything and just have no 3g service drop calls all the time and you better hope there is strong wifi around otherwise you can't do anything...so frustrated. May even just sell the replacements on eBay and make some money...who knows.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ziggy484

Reaction score
mine works fine, and i live out in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

AllForNaught

Reaction score
It seems like it's more a problem with the signal strength bar than actual signal strength. 4 month owner with no dropped calls, and adequate 3g.

Like the battery bar, it isn't giving an accurate representation. It's frustrating, but I've had no issues.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Rooted and doing amazing with battery and reception.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Ended up on the phone with VZW for what seemed like an enternity. Got our replacement phones Wednesday and noticed no change all day yesterday. Still no reception and no data connection for browser or you tube (our daughter is addicted to elmo videos on you tube so that is a must) :) Yes, it connects to our wifi here and at my work PREFECTLY, but when i am not near wifi i want coverage.

In the end, VZW is now sending us two Droid X's, so wish me luck....uggghhh I hate this!

Galahede

Reaction score
Had the Fascinate since September and haven't had a drop call. 3G service works fine also. Not sure why you are having these issues.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
yeah they couldn't figure it out either....they even changed some setting internally on the phone and that didn't work. Just must be a bad phone for where we are at?? who knows. Right now I am using an Incredible to tied me over until we get the droid X and the incredible has full 3g service and no funny sounds when i am using the phone...working great.

MKKH10

Reaction score
How many replacements have You had and what is The reason they gave you a Droid x? I've had 4 fascinates in 3 months and They won't give me anything different

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
We have had two each so 4 phones total. They couldn't find a solution to our problem so in the end the guy said they would make an acception and sent us phones that were on the same level as the fascinate. If you've had a few and want a change make a fuss. Usually customer service is super helpful. I only talk to them on the phone. Never in the stores.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I had a droid 1 and went through 7 replacements before they offered me an early upgrade. The in store support was the only help, when ever i called they were Quick to blame my issues on apps that i had.

MKKH10

Reaction score
They blamed mine on my apps too. And I did make a fuss, they told me if I get up to 6 or 7 then they might offer me something different. 4 is too many in such a short time if you ask me. Rediculous.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
That wasthe first thing they asked me when I called was what apps I was using. I lied and told them just facebook otherwise I avoided it assuming that was the problem. They replaced it for me. Maybe because im awesome but I just said "yes I did that" or "yea I tried that" which was true....and here I am with a new phone!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MKKH10

Reaction score
I don't see my current one lasting me until my upgrade in November. If it doesn't, then I will get something different, or I wont get off the phone until I do. Lucky you tho!

soulshot96

Reaction score
I've had the same fascinate since I bought it. Not many singnal problems either, but when I first bought it when it came out I went camping and never had a single deaszone and the incoming and outgoing was always working. Then after the first week I got a basebamd update and bam signal went down by two to three bars and I started having deadzones and having to wait on the signal bar for data.