Getting Dock Clock to Stay on

DDB+

Reaction score
I've recently installed Froyo (01b) on my Droid and have noticed when I place it in the dock, it only stays on the main screen for a time before going to a movable clock with just the time and date. This is despite the fact that the dock is plugged in and I've not dimmed the clock. Settings are "never sleep while charging."

Any thoughts? Can't seem to find a switch for this anywhere.

dwagner88

Reaction score
You can't turn it off. It's a screen saver designed to prevent burn in from having the screen on the same image for long periods of time. This would never happen on the Droid's LCD, but I think that it can happen to AMOLED phones like the N1, thus the change.

OP
D

DDB+

Reaction score
Ok, then. Are any of you wiz-kids out in hacker land up to the challenge? Seems like a simple fix for most coders.

OP
D

DDB+

Reaction score
Never mind, hackers. I've discovered that both the free and paid versions of Alarm Clock Plus v2 already contain a switch to either delay or disable the "screen saver."

Big Cam

Reaction score
what about the screen timing out just when you are on say the music screen or anything but the dock homescreen?

OP
D

DDB+

Reaction score
The program seems to prevent the screen saver then as well. Just tested it on both the gallery and music options. They both stayed put.

OP
D

DDB+

Reaction score
I only tested with the Droid 1, so I don't know how well the program works on other Android models.