Multimedia dock- battery gets hot

Iowaberg

Reaction score
I've had the dock for about three months now. Whenever I charge my Droid 1 in the dock it gets fairly warm. Also it seems to charge much slower than if I were using the wall charger. Is all of this normal?

Also, before Froyo, I seem to remember that the screen displayed the weathter and the time when the phone was in the dock. Now, since Froyo, the a green illuminated clock is displayed after about 5 minutes with no weather display, except when I first place it in the dock. Anyway to change this?

hfd1113

Reaction score
Motorola has a new headset to be released Oct. 3rd. It is called Oasis. Go to Motorola support to see it's features.

hfd1113

Reaction score
I am sorry about the omission. I really ment to sat that there is a new bluetooth headset scheduled to go on sale October 3rd. According to Engaget. It will be sold at Att first. Motorola has it in accessories on the support page.

OP
I

Iowaberg

Reaction score
I am sorry about the omission. I really ment to sat that there is a new bluetooth headset scheduled to go on sale October 3rd. According to Engaget. It will be sold at Att first. Motorola has it in accessories on the support page.

I'm not asking about a bluetooth headset. I'm asking about the docking station.

turdbogls

Reaction score

I'm not asking about a bluetooth headset. I'm asking about the docking station.

pretty sure he is a spammer.

anyway, i dont think it getting hot is normal. i charge mine overnight on a dock and when i wake up, it is pretty cool still. SetCPU has it at about 86 degrees in the morning. it i will get hot to the touch when i am streaming pandora or something, but even when listening to my music collection throught the stock music player, while it is docked, it still doesn't get over 95 degrees.

I also find it just as fast as a wall charger.

and there is no way to change the dimmer green clock thing that comes up after a few minutes. there are a couple apps out there that do the same thing that dont dim after a period of time. i suggest nightstand Bold...works well and has some nice options.

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Set your CPU profile to a lower speed for charging. I run mine @ 400 when in the dock.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk