Getting alerts for advertisements, no idea what app is sending them

Dexterina

Reaction score
Red Star Notification Alert issue solved: AirPush Detector

This started happening recently on my Droid R2D2 as well and was driving me crazy.

I did some digging in the Market and found a great app that solved this problem: AirPush Detector. Apparently the AirPush framework uses various apps to push out these annoying red-star notifications.

Once I installed it, it instantly displayed the two apps that were generating the notifications. I uninstalled them and the alerts are GONE.

Oh, and it's open source too.

:motdroidvert:

FnTwizted

Reaction score
This started happening recently on my Droid R2D2 as well and was driving me crazy.

I did some digging in the Market and found a great app that solved this problem: AirPush Detector. Apparently the AirPush framework uses various apps to push out these annoying red-star notifications.

Once I installed it, it instantly displayed the two apps that were generating the notifications. I uninstalled them and the alerts are GONE.

Oh, and it's open source too.

:motdroidvert:

Dude u fricken rock!

b0bmarley3333

Reaction score
Hey, i tried posting a reply a few minutes ago but it didn't seem to work...anyway apologies for a duplicate response.

Anyway, go to the droid market, go to settings, then under "other settings" uncheck google admob ads...for your droid the wording/location might be slightly different, where the box to uncheck may use the wording of "Receive interest-based ads' option"

hope that helped.

rbw62

Reaction score
Could be air push ads. Get airpush from market and run.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mwlTos615

Reaction score
red star

Hey all,

A few days ago my (liberated) Droid R2D2 starting getting alerts once or twice a day where the phone would vibrate twice (even if it's not on vibrate) very quickly and I'd have an alert that says something like "Meet local singles!" or something equally stupid.

I can't figure out what app is sending these. I figure it must be some free app's way of advertising but it's exceptionally annoying and I plan to uninstall whatever app is responsible. The problem is, I can't figure out what app is responsible for sending the alerts. Is there a way to figure this out? The "junk alerts" are very annoying.

Also- the alerts have a red star icon next to them. That's the only clue I have.

I found next to the red star on my Thrive that the app calling it was 'Around Me'.
It actually showed it in the pop up.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow a year old thread? ... :icon_eek: air push detector or lookout ads will tell you which apps do this. Just as a quick fyi.