Getting alerts for advertisements, no idea what app is sending them

dro855

Reaction score
check to see if you have quick office it is known to spam notifications! let us know what yiou find out. we are having the same problem

I agree, Droidwall blocks packets from Quick Office all the time. I haven't had any ads since I started using Droidwall

rokndj

Reaction score
Quick Wall wants a rooted phone. Is there an easy way to do this?

jlperry42

Reaction score
Yeah I'm getting the same notification. I have no idea what app it is

Damon

Reaction score
The time you get alerts each day is the same?Or when you browse some websites you will get it? Get Droid Wall will be helpful. Or you can have a Dolphin License to have the ads locked.

I'm not sure if it happens at the same time every day. I'll be sure to make note of that.

It's not when I'm browsing a website. It comes when the phone is in my pocket, screen off, not being used. It's definitely an alert (as opposed to a text). It has a red star icon in the notification pulldown tray. Next time I get one I'll post details/contents.

Have you figure it out or yet?

volando

Reaction score
Are these coming up in your notification area? Sounds like AirPush bs to me... supposedly there is supposed to be info about what program is generating the ads somewhere, what happens when you long-press the ad? any menus?

rokndj

Reaction score
Are these coming up in your notification area? Sounds like AirPush bs to me... supposedly there is supposed to be info about what program is generating the ads somewhere, what happens when you long-press the ad? any menus?

No menus. It takes you to a website. I get one a day....almost always at 10:30am. Today is was at 11:30 am. I've installed Droid Wall and blocked almost every app on my phone and it still gets through.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

No menus. It takes you to a website. I get one a day....almost always at 10:30am. Today is was at 11:30 am. I've installed Droid Wall and blocked almost every app on my phone and it still gets through.

Did you get adfree yet?

Sent from my Simply Stunning 2.3.4 OG Droid using Droid Forums App

jlperry42

Reaction score
When I found out mine was coming from Easy Filter Call Blocker, I clicked on the add and for a split second in the top left hand corner it said the apps name before switching to the advertisement title. I hope that helps. It was literally a split second.

rokndj

Reaction score
Hey I had this problem. Mine was the Easy Filter app.

Easy Filter app was causing this problem? Unfortunately I dont have this problem installed.

I will try Ad free. I've had trouble rooting my phone which it requires.

Last edited:

jlperry42

Reaction score
Yes Easy Filter. I uninstalled it and the problem was fixed. If you will look in at the apps comments you will see everyone's complaints of the same problem.

jlperry42

Reaction score
Note: apparently they stopped spamming as described in their latest update. Going to reinstall now.

Tinkula

Reaction score
Useless Facts

My 'red star' notification ad was caused by an app call 'Useless Facts'. removed