Getting a refurbished Droid tomorrow... are they good?

Crazy

Reaction score
Im getting a refurbished Droid tomorrow because my camera doesn't focus anymore.

Wondering if anyone else has a refurbished Droid? Are they 100% functional?

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i got a refurbished one, it works, but i just found out my AUX jack isn't working. So gotta return this one....only had it for like 3 weeks too....

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
Ive had a ton of refurbs over the years. Only had one problem, and it was my incredible. It wouldn't charge... 2 days later had another one. You won't have any issues

xliderider

Reaction score
Refurbished devices are supposedly as good or better than new because they have to go through an inspection checklist before going out again. I believe you have a 90 day warranty on the device as well.

stevehy

Reaction score
Have had a few Droid refurbs, some have been good but the last one (2 weeks ago) is perfect. You'll be okay.

NYZ93

Reaction score
meh its only if you get lucky my first one sucked the light sensor didnt work my second is great

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
meh its only if you get lucky my first one sucked the light sensor didnt work my second is great
I got lucky cuz my first replacement (refurb) was/is great. Still the one I'm running.

AzDroidFan

Reaction score
My latest replacement is great. Had to go through two others before the proximity senor issues were taken of. But now I'm pleased. I've found that reloading your apps. over a couple of days works best. That way you can see if any of your apps. are causing any issues. Good luck.

imabie09

Reaction score
I'm using a refurb; it came in mint condition and has worked like a charm for about a month so far, no issues.

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
Sounds good.

Also, I believe the refurb'd doesn't come with a battery/sd card/battery door... so I'd have to swap it, right?

Hopefully everything goes right!

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
My original Droid's mic died, so I couldn't hear anyone. Received a warranty-replacement refurb Droid. It looked identical to my original one when it first came out of the box. No issues here with the refurb.

imabie09

Reaction score
If you get it through VZW you do need to keep your old battery and battery cover.