Get Ice Cream Sandwich on Droid Razr Maxx?

jtyoung0826

Reaction score
Hi, tomorrow I am getting my Droid Razr Maxx and I saw online that the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.04 had leaked..if that is true, is there any way to force update my Maxx? If so I'd appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

One more question...if I force the update, will I still get future updates that Verizon releases?

OP
J

jtyoung0826

Reaction score
I am sorry guys..I don't know why it posted it twice -_-'

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There is no official ICS update at this time - we actually don't have a date set in stone on when we will see the actual OTA.

However, DroidTh3ory, HashCode, dhacker and possibly a few others I am forgetting have ported ICS to the Razr via some custom ROMs. You would have to root your device to try these out...

OP
J

jtyoung0826

Reaction score
I don't really wanna root my droid because I know I will screw something up and break my phone :-/

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Definitely it is something that you should only do if you feel comfortable doing it as you have hit on a fine point - if you are uncomfortable or unsure, you can damage your phone.

Here is the link to the most recent utility which would be used to "root" the Razr...it gives you a good starting place for some reading (also check out the hacks sections)...if you decide to root, ask questions - we are here to help if we can.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html