Get D2 or wait for Global?

singingpie

Reaction score
My D2 has shipped, but I'm wondering if I should return it and see how the D2 world phone is.

My main concern is lack of support/updates from VZW or the community. Will D2 roms be incompatible with the new phone?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good question. And if you want a guess, I'll say that I don't have a clue. I really just did this post to bump this up in case someone will have a clue.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The community will still support the phone, I'm almost certain. Look at all the stuff that still goes on for the d1. As for verizon and motorola, who knows...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I would hope that Verizon and motorola still issued updates and supported the original Droid 2, along with the world edition. The only rumored difference between the two (aside from having a gsm radio) is that the world edition is supposed to have an upgraded camera capable of shooting video at 720p

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya I really can't see them forgetting about us but you never know.

r314bd

Reaction score
Will D2 roms be incompatible with the new phone?
No one can answer this yet seeing as how the D2 Global hasn't even *officially* been announced by Motorola or Verizon yet.

It's coming out in less than 3 weeks, might as well wait

OP
S

singingpie

Reaction score
Is there a precedent to this kind of thing happening? A global version of a phone being released so soon after the original...