Get bluetooth to only do calls and not music?

KawiNinjaZX

Reaction score
Delaware just switched to hands free, so I got a motorola hand free device that you clip onto the sun visor. I just like to use it's speaker/mic and don't use the FM transmitter. In my car, I have an 1/8" jack and I like to stream music into the stereo from my Droid X.

The problem I have is that it streams the music to the bluetooth device, I only want phone calls to come through, not everything. The same thing happens on my wife's Droid 2.

Can you change it where ONLY calls go through the bluetooth?

RemyL75

Reaction score
Delaware just switched to hands free, so I got a motorola hand free device that you clip onto the sun visor. I just like to use it's speaker/mic and don't use the FM transmitter. In my car, I have an 1/8" jack and I like to stream music into the stereo from my Droid X.

The problem I have is that it streams the music to the bluetooth device, I only want phone calls to come through, not everything. The same thing happens on my wife's Droid 2.

Can you change it where ONLY calls go through the bluetooth?

Under Wireless & Networks, in bluetooth settings, press and hold the T505 pairing (or whichever speaker you have), then press Options. You can set what it does from there. There should be 3 boxes to check. Connect (controls whether or not your phone connects to the device), media and phone. Leave the Connect box checked and then uncheck the one you do not want to use it between phone and media. That should do it.

dmatre

Reaction score
Is it possible to play media through a bluetooth headset? I can only get phone calls through mine. I went through the above procedure and only the box for media didn't come up. It is a Motorola H520, when I select options only the connect and phone boxes are present.

RemyL75

Reaction score
Regular headsets (usually) do not allow for media to be played through them on a cel phone. You would either have to look for one that has a2dp profile, or go for the Bluetooth headphones.

FYI - you can play media through most any Bluetooth headset on a computer, so long as the bluetooth module on the computer supports it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Regular headsets (usually) do not allow for media to be played through them on a cel phone. You would either have to look for one that has a2dp profile, or go for the Bluetooth headphones.
Either way A2DP is needed.