Geotag info not shared to Picasa?

LostRogue

Reaction score
Anyone tried geotagging a picture with the droid camera and then uploading it to Picasa Web? I have, and the geotag info doesn't seem to carry over from the droid to PicasaWeb. Just so we're on the same page...

1) My GPS location is turned on
2) I have the camera set up to save geo location info
3) If I view the image in gallery on droid, and then do Menu->More->Details, it shows the Lat/Long info (which I assume is stored in the Metadata of the pic)
4) I share the photo to Picasa.
5) Log into to Picasa web....open the pic, no map info. If I show the details of the image, there's no lat/long info.

Seems lame that a Google phone won't pass the Geo info to a Google service. Anyone else tried this or got it to work?

darthkarl

Reaction score
I've uploaded photos to Picasa directly from my Droid and haven't had any problems with losing geotag info. Once on Picasa I have downloaded the pictures back to my Mac and imported them into iPhoto. The geotags survive the whole process.

ellacrosse

Reaction score
just looked at this froum because mine was doing the same thing. in iphoto try going to the preferences and then advanced and make sure that the "look up places" pull down is automatically.

that worked for me. hopefully for you too

rlb

Reaction score
Go to settings
On "Privacy and Permissions" tab enable "Automatically map photos if they contain location data. "

bryan1971

Reaction score
I just know something about Flickr.

When using Easytagger GPS with my Nikon D300s and it is very simple to move on. Just upload the photos, and everything is done. There will be a word 'map' under the photo, you just need to click the map and then the google map will show