George Steinbrenner dies @ 80

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sad, but IMHO he did more harm to MLB than good....

vegaswa

Reaction score
Maybe he can buy a good condo overlooking the fire lake. He could buy a championship but not a good heart?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate the Yankees, but it is sad that George passed away. He did do harm to the game with his big contracts that he offered nevertheless he's part of baseball. Yankee fans this will probably be the only time I'll ever offer you any sympathy. George did make it interesting from time to time with his comments. Funny I had on MLBnet and I didn't hear a word about it.

Plumman

Reaction score
It is a sad day when anyone dies that had passion! I didn't always agree with George, but he surely had a passion for the Yankees/baseball! Bet he is firing Billy Martin as we speak!!

keithsmith22

Reaction score
He will be missed. I am not Yankees fan myself but I will give sympathy when it is needed. You can't fault the guy for wanting to win. If you can afford the talent why not pay them what they are worth. People complain but he filled the seats in the stadium and made money well beyond what he payed his players.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't like the Yankees either but this is a loss that will touch many.

R.I.P

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I feel so bad for them... Where should I send some money to help out the Steinbrenner family?

Seriously though, I despise the Yankees but I totally respect the institution that they have. The Steinbrenner family wasn't the only family who lost a little bit today... The family of baseball will feel his absence.