Android Sports Widgets/Application

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Sooooo
HUGE HUGE HUGE NFL & NHL fan!
I LOVE SPORTS, but I really wish there were better options for us sports lovers when it comes to widgets streaming news!
I currently have on 1 side screen;

1) SportsTap set my FAVS to Chicago Bears & Chicago Blackhawks
2) Fox Sports set to NFL
3) ESPN Sports News set to NHL

but I still am not satisified, are there any other Sports fans out there who have the craving?

has anyone found anything?

Do individual sports team have widgets for streaming news?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sportstap fills all my needs for covering sports.

seems you really are a huge huge huge fan. I haven't found anything or tried anything other than sportstap though.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Ya,
Sports = my life
^^^^ well that and video games!!!

But I mean NFL & NHL are large topics, so these apps try their best to cover everything but ya.

I just moved to North Carolina, due to a job relocation, and I have lived in Chicago for 23 years..... I eat, breathe, and sleep Chicago Sports so I need something to keep me in the loop at ALL TIMES!

and I didn't even know until tonight that we hired Mike Tice as our Offensive Line coach until I went to ChicagoBears.com
^^^^^^ So because I misses that news, I know I am missing SOMETHING!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nate,
You said you set up SportsTap for Blackhawks? I had SportsTap for one Bruins game, the updates were almost a full period behind.
Have you noticed the same? Even having the updates set for every minute, found this unacceptable.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nate,
You said you set up SportsTap for Blackhawks? I had SportsTap for one Bruins game, the updates were almost a full period behind.
Have you noticed the same? Even having the updates set for every minute, found this unacceptable.

I noticed that Sportstap can ever give the wrong stats.

For example, tonights Phoenix Suns game, Hill scored 21? and it kept showing me 15 through the box score. And this is when the game was over too.

As for NFL, it's been pretty accurate for me. Always up to date and gives a good play-by-play. I have yet to compare the box scores on sportstap to yahoo though.

Kinda wish there was an espn app.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found it accurate... just way too far behind. It's better for me to just create a bookmark to nhl.com for score updates.
I'm waiting on ESPN too :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A guy on this forum, different thread and categoty, was trying to get people to email espn asking for an espn app/widget. I wrote my email yesterday. If enough android users voice their concerns, they will realize that the demand is there and developers will put more into getting it done.
As far as streaming, thanks to you guys tipping me to moodio.fm I get my live sports. But I understand that at times you can not listen to live sports and to be able to look down at your phone and know what is going on is needed.

To email them you will have to have an account with them (its free),log in and go to the "contact us" link. Let your voice be heard, we want CHANGE....lol

b1kem1ke

Reaction score
NastyNate - googled "best droid nhl app" and found that the Penguins have their own team app.

New to Droid, haven't tried any yet, besides nhl.com in a browser. This will bump it back to the top so maybe some playoff fans will chime in!

jayman350

Reaction score
since this is an old thread resurrected you may have already found it, but for those that don't know NFL.com released an app a little before the draft..... then they proceeded to pimp it during all 3 days of the draft.

Its pretty nice, gives you news for anything, as well as video from NFL Network. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with it during the season.

MLB has a paid app that will allow you to listen to games and watch a gamecast..... but its like $15 and will probably have to be renewed each year.

I would love to see ESPN come out with an app for android. The mobile version of espn.com sucks

Murz

Reaction score
After testing all the sports apps on the market I still default to SportsTap because it has EVERYTHING I want... except consistent updating. Don’t get me wrong, most of the time the scores are only a couple minutes behind, but on some occasions its way behind. If SportsTap updated more consistently there would be nothing close. Like I said though, SportsTap is still my staple.

Last edited: