SportsTap Widget not updating!

NastyNate08

Reaction score
So I LOVE SportsTap, to say first.

However, my SportsTap Widget is set to update every minute, but really only updates like every 30 minutes.

I have my Favs set as Chicago Blackhawks, Bears, & Bulls
and the Bears and Blackhawks obviously play sports that don't need updating every minute, but the Bulls.... I need that updating constantly, and it doesn't!

any advice?

Deadman23

Reaction score
i switched to the Live Scores app because of the same problem. I like the interface better and it updates fast! Check it out

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Yes I use Live scores as well as ESPN sports, Yahoo, and Fox Sports for scres.... but Live scores does not have a widget.

So I am using Fox Sports, and 2 RSS feed widgets (Blackhawks & Bears) for news, and then I have SportsTap for streaming scores.

If Live Scores had a widget.... It'd be a wrap

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Yeah I was at the mall and had SportsTap running while watching the live game from the DirectTV retailer booth. The updates were WAY behind for me too. Maybe not 30 minutes but significantly longer than a minute (as advertised). Gonna try Live Scores!

dwagner88

Reaction score
I uninstalled sportstap after it failed to update me on the gameclock of NCAA basketball games (go Vols!). I would get two notifications and two updates in the widget per game, once at halftime, and once at the conclusion. Kinda crappy. I want the ESPN iPhone app ported ASAP.

Technoman

Reaction score
I uninstalled sportstap after it failed to update me on the gameclock of NCAA basketball games (go Vols!). I would get two notifications and two updates in the widget per game, once at halftime, and once at the conclusion. Kinda crappy. I want the ESPN iPhone app ported ASAP.

I ditto dwagner88's comments.... I removed this from my Droid for several reasons... it didn't update, it's interface was awful, and it ATE battery very bad. I would force close this APP, and constantly found it running and using far too much battery.

Live Scores and the mobile web sites for ESPN, and FOX Sports are the best options at this time. I wish that Verizon would get the Android users the APP for ESPNMVP, it did everything I needed.