General Record Keeping App?

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondering if any of you have any ideas for an app to keep misc info;
lock combinations, passwords, medications currently being taken...
I thought about this initially because I just got a new truck and new plates and, if it were to get stolen, I'd like to whip out my trusty Droid (always on my hip) and have all the vehicle info instantly available. Of course there's a ton of misc info that could/would go into such an app in addition to that.

I'm a palm TX user trying to get down to only one device.
Not sure I'll successfully do it 24/7 but at least the palm could stay in the briefcase for deeper storage rather than in the front pocket.

This endeavor would be much easier if the Droid calendar were more robust or flexible and/or if Google calendar weren't so stinkin' UGLY!

dancedroid

Droid Does
B

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Holy Smokes!
Now there's a few from which to choose!
Thanks
B

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
OK.
Let's take this a step further.
How about a RoboForm or Datashield type password protected encrypted
sensitive data archive app?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol just remember: google is our friend :) found that in 4 seconds

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Found what?
I googled RoboForm and only came up with what reviewers consider to be a bad version.

Yeah, I can google all day long too.
I'm looking for hands-on experience from other people so I don't have to install a bunch of worthless stuff only to have to uninstall.

B

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i didnt say install them, just look them up and see if thats something that interests you

u can look up apps on androlib.com too, btw

jgumphress

Reaction score
""
Just wondering if any of you have any ideas for an app to keep misc info;
lock combinations, passwords, medications currently being taken...
I thought about this initially because I just got a new truck and new plates and, if it were to get stolen, I'd like to whip out my trusty Droid (always on my hip) and have all the vehicle info instantly available. Of course there's a ton of misc info that could/would go into such an app in addition to that.

I'm a palm TX user trying to get down to only one device.
Not sure I'll successfully do it 24/7 but at least the palm could stay in the briefcase for deeper storage rather than in the front pocket.

This endeavor would be much easier if the Droid calendar were more robust or flexible and/or if Google calendar weren't so stinkin' UGLY!""

Another PalmTX fan here. Wish I had never sold it when I got my Droid. But too late now. Anyway, being a Palm user I'm sure you know about DataViz. I use it and create a Word document on my PC all formated the way I like it with all my pass codes, credit account pins, etc. Then I lock the document with a password and put in on my Droid SD card. DataViz recognizes the document lock and won't open the page without the password. That way too you are not adding yet another icon to look for or using up memory space on the phone memory with another app.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use NoteEverything (Pro) for a variety of purposes.

() Supports text notes, "paint" notes, recordings, notes on photos, etc.
() Supports "durable checklists" for stuff like grocery lists.
() Integrates with gDocs.
() Supports encryption of notes to keep confidential info like passwords and cc numbers.

All in all, it's the most multi-functional app I have.