General Questions about Droid 2 Global

loveDroid2Global

Reaction score
Hello there from INDIA

I want to buy a droid 2 Global. Neither Droid 2 Global nor Milestone 2 is available in my region. So I want my relatives to buy a no contract Motrolla Droid 2 Global in US to buy for me and send it here. I have some question whether It will run in My GSM network or not because some say it is a roaming phone and will work on any network without unlock and some say it requires a unlock. As the Name suggests Droid 2 Global is a Global phone and still I have to unlock?? Please keep in mind that I dont want to use it in US I want to use in India. And if it only works after a Unlock what is the procedure for that for No contract phone and how much does it cost so that I can explain the same thing to my relatives also. Please clear my confusion if you have any idea on this.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest contacting Verizon to verify if you don't get any answers here. Subsidy locks on GSM devices are very common here in the US to restrict the usage of a GSM device to a particular carrier because Americans expect subsidized phones. The subsidy lock is intended to prevent consumers from getting a subsidized phone and taking it to another carrier.

The carrier can always unlock a device that they have locked. Whether they're willing to or not is, however, a different matter. You should be able to get a device at full retail unlocked but I'd verify this directly with Verizon.