General Issues, Bluetooth and Audio Jack

firepit

Reaction score
ok, I’m new so bear with me. I have had my Fascinate for about 2 weeks now and it’s really starting for frustrate me, when compared to my Moto X I just gave up. I read all the reviews and everyone was saying the hardware is sweet and much better than the X. I did see some negative stuff on bing, but that’s it. Anyway right now the issues plaguing are painful GPS performance, phone locks goes to lock state when in call and have to unlock to end it, the Samsung Dock not putting everything in landscape, Bluetooth audio performance is terrible, when you search a contact in the dial pad, doesn’t show you what number you’re picking (ie mobile/home etc..).. etc.. but my most painful one right now is when I’m using my audio jack out from the phone to my car radio listening to Pandora etc.. and I get a call, it won’t go to my Bluetooth headset but instead plays over the car radio via the audio jack. I have to unplug the audio jack to get it to cutover to the Bluetooth headset. Anything I missing here? the Moto X does it correctly, phone calls go to Bluetooth and everything else goes to audio jack. I’m hopefully that 2.2 will fix all my issues, since hardware wise I like it much better than the X. I guess I can’t have it all ;).

Cloud3

Reaction score
I really don't have any of those problems...? Well I don't use GPS nor do I link my fascinate to my car to listen do pandora, but other than that the only problem I have is the froyo not coming out quickly enough...

-Cloud

Cloud3

Reaction score
*to
I just checked out my gps using google maps. Both wifi and 3g pinpoints my location perfectly (3g does need gps enabled to get accurate location). Bluetooth also seems to work fine when I transferred files over it.

-Cloud

fluidj

Reaction score
For your GPS issues, install the GPS Test app from the market. This will help you tremendously.

For your dialer/phone book concerns, try using Google Search instead of the phone dialer to look up your contacts, i've found that this just works waaaay smoother.

Bluetooth is finicky but I very rarely use bluetooth anyways.

OP
F

firepit

Reaction score
Thanks, I am now using the search button, but not as quick or as eaisy as the dialer pad. The GPS test did seem to help, but just another step. Also not a fan of "anonymous" location data heading to Google or Verizon hence why I don't want to enable the other location services to make the GPS work. 2.2 can't come soon enough.
The audio Jack and BT headset not splitting for a phone call, may push me back to the X for now. I use headset every time I'm in the car and having to disconnect the audio Jack everytime I want make or receive a call is crazy.
Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

drumtrucker

Reaction score
but my most painful one right now is when I’m using my audio jack out from the phone to my car radio listening to Pandora etc.. and I get a call, it won’t go to my Bluetooth headset but instead plays over the car radio via the audio jack. I have to unplug the audio jack to get it to cutover to the Bluetooth headset. Anything I missing here? the Moto X does it correctly, phone calls go to Bluetooth and everything else goes to audio jack. I’m hopefully that 2.2 will fix all my issues, since hardware wise I like it much better than the X. I guess I can’t have it all ;).

THIS IS SO AGGRAVATING? I am seriously considering returning this phone just because of this issue!!!
[Q] headphone jack is hijacking my bluetooth - xda-developers

I have posted in numerous forums and talked to devs on IRC and not hopeful of non Samsung fix and not sure how much hope for Samsung fix.

quote from PM I sent to xda-dev site:
"I bought a Fascinate last week and was stunned to discover that if you plug into headphone jack to connect to car stereo (or whatever), Bluetooth headset does NOT function with phone. The phone stream is sent to headphone jack. This apparently is a Fascinate issue only, the Vibrant behaves properly, I have a friend that has one.

I am leaning towards returning this phone before my 30 days are up. I drive big truck for up to 11 hours a day using phone (previously Droid) to listen to audiobooks and when it rings, I should not have to unplug it to use my BT headset with it.

If someone at Samsung would acknowledge this as a bug (design flaw really) that is fixable and going to be fixed, I may consider keeping it."

We are not alone, but I wish a lot more people would complain about this RIDICULOUS design flaw.

OP
F

firepit

Reaction score
I went back to the X because of it. I have till the 15th before I return my wife's due to the same issue. Has anyone called Verizon support about it? What do they say?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App