General differences between Droid X, Incredible, Fascinate, etc.....

TOBASCO

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been stated over and over. I did a search and couldn't find anything that clearly answered the question.

My wife wants a droid based phone, and she's not very techy, so it just has to do some basic "cool" things in addition to being just a good phone, internet, etc.

Can anyone provide a link to a thread that clearly articulates the pros and cons of each of the current offerings? Or at least jot down some within this thread?

I know the basic answer is that any of the current droids will do the job, but I am interested in the differences, and possibly for myself down the road (I know a lot more cool things are coming).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

ezas

Fascinate Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your best bet is read reviews of the models you are interested in. Go to the VZ (or AT&T) store and play with them. Find a salesperson who can help explain/show you the differences. I had to go through a few before I found one knowledgeable and enthusiastic about explaining the phones. I called VZ customer service for another reason and the person I got was very good at explaining the differences and why I might like one over the other.

And browse the phone specific forums on this site. Scan back 3-5 pages to find out what problems people are having and doing to solve them etc.

My choice after doing all that was the Fascinate and I got it mainly because of the size and it being one of the newer models. I also liked the way the screen goes very close to the edges of the device.

The X is the largest and has an HDMI port. The newer INC's have a new sLCD screen which some say is better for Text over the SAMOLED on the FASC, but I couldn't see a difference with the naked eye. The Continuum is nice for a slightly smaller phone.

I think if you don't particularly care about the smaller size of the Continuum, or the larger size of the X (and it's HDMI port) than the INC and FASC are pretty much a coin flip and both are can't miss phones.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's no thread for every possible permutation of device comparisons. Specs and features are readily available from the manufacturers and carriers for you to compare. Also see Google Phone Gallery

Pros and cons can be highly subjective.

Iowa

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been stated over and over. I did a search and couldn't find anything that clearly answered the question.

My wife wants a droid based phone, and she's not very techy, so it just has to do some basic "cool" things in addition to being just a good phone, internet, etc.

Can anyone provide a link to a thread that clearly articulates the pros and cons of each of the current offerings? Or at least jot down some within this thread?

I know the basic answer is that any of the current droids will do the job, but I am interested in the differences, and possibly for myself down the road (I know a lot more cool things are coming).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Take your time. Go in and play with the phones. Talk to reps. Really shop around and see what each phone has to offer. Read up on them. In the end its all your preference that matters! Each phone has its upsides and each phone has its downsides. In the end its up to you to end up with the phone that has the right up sides and the right downsides to make YOU happy!

dancedroid