droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Any of my Gear S buddies tried different bands yet??

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

I found a "used" backup one on Amazon for $30. When it arrived it was still sealed in the original packaging. It's black, like the one that came with the watch. I want a blue one but I'm not paying what's being asked for oems and even aftermarket ones.
Fwiw, I went back to my local AT&T. They had gotten rid of their knock offs and denied ever having any.

I found some non-oem bands on Ebay....they look legit....I just can't find reviews.

See.....
9d74ae902c00900872feccd5341e02bd.jpg

On a competitive forum there's a thread about bands in their dedicated S section and it seems those are not bad at all but take a while to get here from China. Looks like they've solved that long ship time if I'm reading the screeny correctly.
I won't post a link but Central is the last word in their name if you want to look up their S sub forum.

Lol....I'm catching what your throwing....Ebay says they come from CA....

I wanted to revisit this thread since I got a band other than black
9c5373d32f9111fb3f3080830efc111f.jpg

8d0a981d584efc9b343b010b257dd6eb.jpg

I didn't like it for the first few hours because I was thinking it'd be more greens and not grays only but I've really gotten used to it and like it a lot.
I've got a metal band (not long hair 80s metal) due in this week. It has a part the watch hooks into like these silicone ones but instead of 1 piece it's for pins like normal watches, at the end of the watch, that allow using any normal band. I'm gonna pick up a leather band to hook to it and if I can find one of those cloth bands for hot weather so my arm won't get so uncomfortable in the 95+f, + humidity , heat.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

e24040e6d597ed2f7f0ae8ac93998926.jpg

56f685b915f3d235b537c599738c0de6.jpg

1e81d68d3813cfce0f5904698bde1c10.jpg

b4cccb9864db25e2a8b6a04cde71d31c.jpg

235d7a8e99a6f41933fbb6e259c9a577.jpg

Man this band is comfortable. It felt heavy out of the box but balanced on my arm just fine.
Reviews on Amazon said it was a pain to put the watch body into the proper place due to being so tight but I suppose either I'm bull strong or they're sissy weak because it was installed in under 3 seconds. A metal band pulling at the hair on my arms is going to take some getting used to. I'll give it some time before grabbing a leather band to put on the watch holder part because it just feels great to wear and looks really nice imo.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

e24040e6d597ed2f7f0ae8ac93998926.jpg

56f685b915f3d235b537c599738c0de6.jpg

1e81d68d3813cfce0f5904698bde1c10.jpg

b4cccb9864db25e2a8b6a04cde71d31c.jpg

235d7a8e99a6f41933fbb6e259c9a577.jpg

Man this band is comfortable. It felt heavy out of the box but balanced on my arm just fine.
Reviews on Amazon said it was a pain to put the watch body into the proper place due to being so tight but I suppose either I'm bull strong or they're sissy weak because it was installed in under 3 seconds. A metal band pulling at the hair on my arms is going to take some getting used to. I'll give it some time before grabbing a leather band to put on the watch holder part because it just feels great to wear and looks really nice imo.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Very nice!!

Very nice!!

Here's a link to it
Amazon.com Samsung Gear S Black Stainless Steel Metal Band - READ DESCRIPTION Cell Phones Accessories
The more I wear it the more comfortable it gets. It's really nice having it move around and conform to my wrist as I move.
The paint color is "Sharpie" black so as (not if) I beat it up I'll be able to "paint" the dings easily and quickly. I just ordered a band/link tool for cheap from Amazon so if and when I do replace the band part it'll be easy to do.
Amazon.com SE JT6218 Watch Band Link Remover 5-Piece Watches
I've got my eye on some military infantry style nylon bands for comfort and durability.
I feel like I got a new watch last night when I got home from work and put the watch in it.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Here's a link to it
Amazon.com Samsung Gear S Black Stainless Steel Metal Band - READ DESCRIPTION Cell Phones Accessories
The more I wear it the more comfortable it gets. It's really nice having it move around and conform to my wrist as I move.
The paint color is "Sharpie" black so as (not if) I beat it up I'll be able to "paint" the dings easily and quickly. I just ordered a band/link tool for cheap from Amazon so if and when I do replace the band part it'll be easy to do.
Amazon.com SE JT6218 Watch Band Link Remover 5-Piece Watches
I've got my eye on some military infantry style nylon bands for comfort and durability.
I feel like I got a new watch last night when I got home from work and put the watch in it.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Thank you suga!

Back