GDE plus Handcent?

BIG_RED

Reaction score
So I paid for GDE and I Love it. I also have handcent. The problem is I can't get the two apps to work together. I can open Handcent use it, text whomever and never have an issue. When I am done texting and let’s say want to listen to music I close it out and I ether get the black screen or the force close issue. I know that GDE has and is having major force closer issues but it seems as though everybody’s force closer went away with the last few updates from GDE, mine have not. The GDE developer isn't very helpful, for I have e-mailed him/her 3 times and have yet, to get any kind of a even a hi, so maybe he’s/she’s busy I don't know, but I would love to know any information on this. Am I the only person having this issue? Did I miss the thread that said not compatible? I may not have many posts, but I PROMISE I am staying somewhat up to date.

SGTiger

Reaction score
So I paid for GDE and I Love it. I also have handcent. The problem is I can't get the two apps to work together. I can open Handcent use it, text whomever and never have an issue. When I am done texting and let’s say want to listen to music I close it out and I ether get the black screen or the force close issue. I know that GDE has and is having major force closer issues but it seems as though everybody’s force closer went away with the last few updates from GDE, mine have not. The GDE developer isn't very helpful, for I have e-mailed him/her 3 times and have yet, to get any kind of a even a hi, so maybe he’s/she’s busy I don't know, but I would love to know any information on this. Am I the only person having this issue? Did I miss the thread that said not compatible? I may not have many posts, but I PROMISE I am staying somewhat up to date.

Works great for me. I use GDE and Handcent and about 50+ other apps. I never get a force close. Have you tried completely uninstalling it and then reinstalling? Perhaps it is a widget that is crashing GDE?

OP
BIG_RED

BIG_RED

Reaction score
Hmm.... To be honest I dont have very many widgets I have beautiful Widget, battery widget and a facebook widget, Not only that but it most of the time fc just when I close handcent hmmm...

Last edited:
OP
BIG_RED

BIG_RED

Reaction score
Works great for me. I use GDE and Handcent and about 50+ other apps. I never get a force close. Have you tried completely uninstalling it and then reinstalling? Perhaps it is a widget that is crashing GDE?

If you dont mind me asking do you happen to have all seven homescreens being used?

micp1480

Reaction score
Well, I am victim as well. GDE has a mind of it's own, I too get that wonderful pop up saying it's going into foreclosure. I have upgraded every time, an no remedy. May that 2.1 upgrade on January 25th will help, LOL!

MICP1480

OP
BIG_RED

BIG_RED

Reaction score
Well, I am victim as well. GDE has a mind of it's own, I too get that wonderful pop up saying it's going into foreclosure. I have upgraded every time, an no remedy. May that 2.1 upgrade on January 25th will help, LOL!

MICP1480

Since you are having the same issue I am, I will tell you this, I was told by a admin that doing a factory reset may help my problem I have done so and am only reinstalling handcent and beautiful widgets and for now it seems to be getting better i will let you know what happens.

SGTiger

Reaction score

If you dont mind me asking do you happen to have all seven homescreens being used?

Yeah I use all seven screens and each one is packed. I use the old Beautiful widget (the one they used before they were forced by HTC to change it). I have the battery widget, but I don't use the facebook widget. I use four of the built-in application docks, the gtasks widget, and the Pure Calendar Agenda widget.

Is Handcent the one that is force closing or is it GDE? Also uninstalling and reinstalling has worked wonders for me when I have had an app that was force closing.

<EDIT> I see you are reinstalling everything. Good Luck!

OP
BIG_RED

BIG_RED

Reaction score
Its GDE force closing and I think its Handcent that is causing the FC issue for GDE.
Thanks SGTiger I am gonna need it lol

monkeydog

Reaction score
I use handcent all the time and it has never caused GDE to fc on me. I'm using 5 screens all almost full.

OP
BIG_RED

BIG_RED

Reaction score
I use handcent all the time and it has never caused GDE to fc on me. I'm using 5 screens all almost full.

Well then it must be a different app I am going figure this out if it kills me. lol