GB Rom Flashing

jamba7

Reaction score
Can someone give me a step by step guide on flashing roms on stock GB? It seems all the guide I find are different and usually for Froyo. I you could even point me to one I would be very grateful. Thanks!

OP
jamba7

jamba7

Reaction score
Phone is rooted and I have gotten to recovery its the steps after I get to recovery that are confusing. I originally had a D1 and flashed multiple roms everyday. I don't know why the D2 is so difficult.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Phone is rooted and I have gotten to recovery its the steps after I get to recovery that are confusing. I originally had a D1 and flashed multiple roms everyday. I don't know why the D2 is so difficult.

What part are you stuck on?

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
jamba7

jamba7

Reaction score
Well I have my .zip file and I can get into recovery. I tried to flash cm7 before and it didn't go through. I just don't know what things I need to wipe or mount and in what order. It seems confusing.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem. You mount /system before installing. Wipes are the same as the D1 (cache and data).

OP
jamba7

jamba7

Reaction score
Thank you so much. What about restoring to stock? Just restore normally or mount /system and wipe?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you so much. What about restoring to stock? Just restore normally or mount /system and wipe?

Stock GB? No need to mount or wipe, just be sure to make a backup...I'm sure you already know that though :)