Gas Prices!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritwater

Reaction score
Greed........
Supply and demand.....

When one company (exxon) makes 16 billion in profit....They are gouging..plain and simple.

Supply and Demand has little to do with that.

It would help if you understood the actual definition to the word gouging.

An example of gouging would be charging 10$ for a bottle of water after hurricane katrina. Or 20$ for a bag of ice after an earthquake.

An essential item after a natural disaster.

News flash....companies can make as much money as they want based on supply and demand.

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Face it, any excuse they can get to raise the price on a barrel of oil causes an immediate price increase at the pump. How does that work? They didn't pay that much when the oil was refined. It's a rip off.

tnronin

Reaction score
I use the cheap gas price app to checking locally. I haven't been out today but yesterday I saw a station with 3.29 and another 3.15. I have to drive 45 miles one way. I'm a teacher. This is going to suck. I guess there will be little to no travelling this summer. Oh well I guess they showed me. A student asked how this would hurt the economy. I told her that once I reach my destination I would spend money. Now there is no destination......

The sooner we drill here the better. We have more than the middle east in CONUS. But really, it is the lack of refineries that hurt us. The tree huggers and dirt are what is really hurting us. IMHO

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
It really is getting out of control. it went from 2.98 all the way to 3.35 in not even the past week and a half. That is over here in rocky mount, nc

Gritwater

Reaction score
Face it, any excuse they can get to raise the price on a barrel of oil causes an immediate price increase at the pump. How does that work? They didn't pay that much when the oil was refined. It's a rip off.

Its like gold.... you can get some at one price...and the value of it can increase (or decrease) while it sits.

Speculation.....

Supply and demand....

I swear its like noone on here ever took economics 101. Just because you would rather pay less, doesn't mean big oil is evil, or greedy, or whatever other term to make them seem like the bad guys.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Lets take that one step further. I own a market and I'm selling a dozen eggs today for $.99/dozen you come in tommorow and I jacked them up to $3.00/dozen because of a sudden shortage of chickens. Makes a whole lot of sense :)

Sent from my Droid

Gritwater

Reaction score
If u want the eggs bad enough....you'll pay it.

I would rather gas be 5$/gallon and I know there will be gas when I fill up tomorrow, than it be held at an artificially low 1$/gallon and everyone run out of it

datsyuk

Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting... 3.60 here in NY for 89 octane. My car gets like 16 mpg too if I'm lucky.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.