Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
2.40 for low tier regular and 2.50 for high tier regular.. Groves tx

wiuf

Reaction score
Thats right, perspective! - we pay 180% your car price ; ( - 25 minutes each way to job - 75% tax from salary - smile - so ...... - perhaps thats why we are called The Worlds most happy people - its tsx free - ;)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The fact of the matter is, it's all about oil, money and control. With all the latest oil finds in the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming etc, we're currently sitting on more than 20 separate oil reserves, each one on their own far exceed all the oil available in the Middle East. There's absolutely no reason we should be buying a single drop of their oil at this point. To keep this discussion from turning political in nature, I'll stop there. But, yeah....
it's hot out today....currently 91 degrees. Fortunately 26% humididdy keeps it from being unbearable.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Last night's "purchase"....

736b2037c20e9fb7cd958c3c9b5d92b1.jpg

Gas was at $2.879/gallon.

My remaining points...

3ed048d162bfd5172817b86300f3b140.jpg

aff520caa7455ff9b6280ab78740646e.jpg

53,520 points means 18.45 25 gallon fillings, or 461 gallons of gas at no cost at the pump.

Cost for that gas was $212 in card activation fees, taking my gas price to $0.46 per gallon.

To get that, I had to flush $17,840 through the system, first converting it into gift cards, and then back into cash or paying bills with it.

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Price: 2.49

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Okay FoxKat, deliver. What card, bank or program gives the gas rewards. I'm jumping on it. I paid $2.649 for regular at Costco in Syracuse last week. Costco is usually about 20¢/gal less than other Syracuse gas stations.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
(Late) $2.70 for low grade. Every grocery store here offers 10 cents off per gallon for every $100 spent. It's called gas rewards and you just enter your phone number at the station pump.

Eldersburg Maryland / Owings Mills Maryland.

Sent from my Note 4

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Okay FoxKat, deliver. What card, bank or program gives the gas rewards. I'm jumping on it. I paid $2.649 for regular at Costco in Syracuse last week. Costco is usually about 20¢/gal less than other Syracuse gas stations.

Ok @TisMyDroid , what I want you to do is go and Google search for "manufactured spending". There you look for Forums that deal with Gas Rewards, credit cards, bonus cards or gift cards transactions that generate everything from gas rewards to frequent flyer miles to hotel stays to complete vacations to a myriad of products and all kinds of other rewards. There's a whole world out there of people who are devoted to using credit cards and debit cards and gift cards as a means to generate additional revenue and other benefits. You'd be shocked at how much money and other products these people are able to amass through simply flushing funds through a system.

You see from a corporate standpoint, revenue is key and dictates the value of a company so moving money through a company is actually more important in some cases than showing a profit. The more money they move through a company the more valuable it appears as in respect to Revenue. This in turn increases the stock price and makes it more appealing on the market. That then obviously in turn generates more assets for the corporation as they sell stock themselves. The effect can be quite dramatic, from a corporate standpoint. Of course, Visa is also allowing the supermarket to collect at least a part of the activation fee of $5 and 95 cents for each card, so there is some built in profit in the system for visa to provide to the Giant Food stores.

There are of course a ton of other gift cards that food stores sell which have no fee or activation at all. Many are for retail establishments such as Best Buy, Carrabba's, amazon.com, Lowes and Home Depot for instance. They are also participate at one time or another in these rewards from bonus points as per the circular that's produced weekly from the supermarket, so for instance this week it might be that Lowe's, Best Buy's, Toys R Us and Carrabba's all get the double rewards points.

The process with Giant Rewards and the Visa gift cards is that you buy the Visa gift cards when the Giant store is offering two, three, or even 4 or 5 times bonus rewards. Although you can of course buy them even without the extra rewards multiplier but it makes it less profitable from your standpoint. Then you take those gift cards and use them for everything from paying your bills to turning them back into cash by way of depositing them into account that will allow you to do so such as the American Express Bluebird account, or going in buying money orders at Walmart with them and then depositing the money orders back into your checking account. It cost you maybe 70 cents for a money order for $1000 and you put the money right back in your account and next day its there ready to be used again.

Obviously Giant food stores in my area ( and the parent company Martins), are doing the program, there is also Weis markets that does it and they actually have double rewards points all the time so for people who are near Weis markets it's an obvious in immediate advantage to doing the program with the gift cards because for every five hundred dollars you spend you effectively get a thousand points ( though they go with hundreds rather than thousands, so where Giant with 3000 points buys me 25 gallons at Weis 300 points buys me 25 gallons).

Other supermarket and gas station conglomerates are doing this, but I have to bet it happens all over the place just from the fact that giant and Weis and Martins and I think even Pickwick for another company similar to that in name also does it that I'm familiar with. For instance, I just googled Gas rewards programs, and came up with Safeway also offering a maximum of $1 per gallon discount through their gas rewards program. Now don't get me wrong, $1 isn't too bad but giant is actually letting you to get all of the gas for free, so there is no limit to the discount per gallon at the pump. I believe Weis is also unlimited at the pump. There may be other programs that are unlimited and obviously there are other programs that have potentially any variance of limits.

People they ask, why does VISA participate? What do they have to gain from it? Well the fact is obviously they get transaction fees when the card is used, but also just like we discussed with the supermarkets, flushing money through the Visa card system also makes Visa are more valuable company from the perspective of Revenue as well, so its a win win win for all three sides that being the market the Visa card company and the end user in this case you and I.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

Price chopper or wegmans doesn't have gas rewards? I know tops in Pulaski does. My parents have to drive to Sandy creek to use them though.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
$2.83 Diesel
FWIW. $3.23 RUG
San Diego, CA

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok FoxKat... I'm on it! Totally makes sense to me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ok. So I have 62,535 points, which reduces my gas price at the pump by $62.50 per gallon for 25 gallons at a time.

Today's price for gas at Giant is $2.879, so I can fill my tank 21.71 times at 25 gallons each, or essentially get over 542 gallons of gas for free at the pump.

ccdebaccb8c2fb023c4a0be57b0a3a14.jpg

Today's "purchase" (which I did before printing those receipts) was for 25 gallons at $0.00 per gallon and $0.00 total purchase price. My rewards points saved me $71.98 at the pump.

761b45804ea16876926dffbf76d107d2.jpg

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok. So I have 62,535 points, which reduces my gas price at the pump by $62.50 per gallon for 25 gallons at a time.

Today's price for gas at Giant is $2.879, so I can fill my tank 21.71 times at 25 gallons each, or essentially get over 542 gallons of gas for free at the pump.

ccdebaccb8c2fb023c4a0be57b0a3a14.jpg

Today's "purchase" (which I did before printing those receipts) was for 25 gallons at $0.00 per gallon and $0.00 total purchase price. My rewards points saved me $71.98 at the pump.

761b45804ea16876926dffbf76d107d2.jpg
I think you should have a "come fill your tank on me" party. I'll come !