Gaming or Display problem?

lopezrivera75

Reaction score
Z force here... I play clash of clans, war and order, Pokemon and Total Domination: Reborn.

I had a GS5 which I gave to my wife. I downloaded and started playing my games. On the display edges I have to press several times for game buttons to work. I brought it back to the Verizon store and was told to check with the companies first. They said there games are all compatible. The problem isn't repetitive since I was at the Verizon store and everything was working fine.

Anyone else have problems with games?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've got the regular Z, but I haven't noticed any problems. I had a similar problem on my tablet with a game a while back, but I blame the tablet completely.

I've played several games on my Z since I got it.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I notice that when I hold it sometimes the edges of my fingers or palm (I am double jointed and the thumb palm area dips in sometimes) curl over the edge of the screen and it registers as input, sometimes making other input not register depending on the state or app. I am always putting this in wallpaper/widget mode just holding it with screen on. What I am saying is my edges are too sensitive.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I notice that when I hold it sometimes the edges of my fingers or palm (I am double jointed and the thumb palm area dips in sometimes) curl over the edge of the screen and it registers as input, sometimes making other input not register depending on the state or app. I am always putting this in wallpaper/widget mode just holding it with screen on. What I am saying is my edges are too sensitive.
I deal with that same wallpaper/widget issue here too...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You tend to hold the phone differently while playing a game than on the homescreen.

I have large hands and the thinner regular Z, so that may be why I haven't experienced those issues.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
With capacitive buttons..the motion sensor has been an issue for me on some games..that's why I always loved my dedicated buttons..yeah I lots screen size but didn't have to worry about that sensor hanging up..and what values the game would or cause use from it..