Gameloft experience ...

drew

Reaction score
I'm going to post an email thread I had recently with Gameloft support. Here's the deal: I have a Thunderbolt (rooted, running BAMF cubed), and a HP Touchpad running CM7. Since installing android on the tablet, i forgot WebOS was even on it.

Now, I downloaded the NFL PRO 2012 HD game from the Android market (free). It runs great on the Thunderbolt, but give a message "Your device is not compatible with this game. Please request a refund."

I was operating under the assumption that the market would not show apps that are incompatible with devices. The market let me download the game for each. It must be a commonly used class file re: the "refund". The game was free. I'm thinking it might check some sort of INI file for device compatibility, but I could be wrong.

In any case, here's the email thread (my emails in italics, Gameloft support in bold):

Me:
I recently downloaded a few gameloft games on the android market using my HP touchpad. Your games are not supported on the touchpad, but they should be. The converted touchpads are running cm7 and have quadrant scores equal to a galaxy tab.
Hoping an update to the NFL game fixes this.

Support:
Dear customer,
Thank you for your letter to Gameloft Support.

I would like to apologize for the issue you've experienced with our game.

I'd recommend you to contact HP Support.

You can get in touch with HP Support Team here:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.htmlsupport-drivers.html

Thanks for understanding.

Me:
Why would I contact HP support? It is your game that says my tablet is unsupported. HP has nothing to do with it. What makes the device unsupported? Why does it say to ask for a refund when the game is free? Since the tablet now runs android instead of webos, HP won't support the tablet anyway.

Support:
Hello,
If you have changed the system of your device, we are not responsible if the games are not working.
Please, try to return to the original copy of the webos system in order to run our games smoothly.

I understand GameLoft makes games for all different OS and devices. Do I have a legitimate gripe about the rep's last response telling me what to do with my device? Was I "blown off" by a support rep who doesn't know what she's doing (or care?). I understand that I'm running a "special" device. But the fact remains that the Touchpad has excellent hardware, and quadrant scores very similar to a Galaxy Tab 10.1. I searched the forum and it seems like Gameloft has ticked off a lot of people. At the end of the day, I can still play the games on my cell, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to include my tablet.

Thoughts? Feedback? Am I just being a jerk here?

Reaction score
Gameloft customer support is SO damn bad, I'll share my little story you, a few months back I got order and chaos for my Xperia Play, it worked GREAT! Smooth FPS, no lag, perfect, so I setup a payment plan for them to charge me monthly so I could always play, and that's when all hell broke loose...after a month had passed, they charged me 2.99, then with each passing day that month they kept charging me 2.99! So after a week of being charged 2.99, I email them, they send me an email back telling me to take it up with my bank, I told them they were the ones charging me and they need to cancel the charges they were making to my account, and they told me not to email them back and to talk to my bank, I told my bank to decline any charges that come in from Gameloft, and I never played Order and Chaos again =\ they just don't give a damn, it's like they got robots working there or something, their games may be great, but their customer support is some of the worst I've ever seen in my whole life