Gallery takes forever to load?

Algae998

Reaction score
I've noticed a considerable speed decrease in my gallery loading on my Droid 2. I had 1500 images and removed almost all of them but it still takes forever to load. Even loading the images in folders takes a long time. I have a 16gb sd card in my phone now but cant use more than half of it because it bogs the phone down too much. Right now I'm using about 5gb. Any tip or suggestions? Could the apps or number of apps also be slowing down my phone?

Reaction score
I have 1734 pictures on my phone and haven't noticed a slow down. Apps shouldn't matter either as long as they are not running or have services that are running. Even if they are running they shouuld sit quietly in the background and not slow down your phone if they are properly written apps. I have a droid2 running stock froyo. Gingerbread is supposed to have better battery management and should be available soon. I assume at least some of the better battery management is done by better management of background tasks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
It seems like when I have little cell service, or no 3G, my phone slows down and takes forever to do anything. Even loading pictures seems to be affected. I notice in areas of weak service, the phone gets really hot, probably due to cell standby and idle while its looking for a stronger signal, but I cant figure out why it would affect the rest of the phone.
I have notice, though, when the phone really bogs down and apps close left and right, there are a ton of updates available after the phone restarts.
I made some backups so Im going to try clearing more off my Droid and see if that helps.

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
Mine finally worked itself out, though I dont know what happened. It took forever but it ended up rebuilding the gallery library. Sometimes I think if you have little to no service it cant pick up on your location for tags in pictures or loading previous tags..but that is just speculation. Some days my Droid 2 seems to work great and fast, other days it runs like dog ****.