youtube loading issue?

wildride89

Reaction score
Does anybody elses phone take forever to load youtube videos on their phone? Then the phone stops a bunch of times to buffer the video. My friend suggested downloading a task killer and its still slow? Does our phones have a built in task killer or task manager? I just put the task killer app on and I was wondering if its bad for the phone? Any insight is appreciated.

revision

Reaction score
Don't use a task killer; with Froyo and the D2 it will hurt more than help from what I've read. Task killers are mostly used by software devs now to take care of programs they might be coding that get away from them, there's not much the rest of us would use one for really. Have you tried while connected to a wifi connection to see if that helps? Generally if youtube is hesitating that would point to bandwidth for me which means possibly poor coverage where you are at?
Also try dropping the quality down if you put it in HQ only mode like i did.

OP
wildride89

wildride89

Reaction score
I think you had it pegged. When I got home I switched it to wifi and it loading real fast. So is droid runniing off of 3g slow??

revision

Reaction score
I won't go on my normal rant about Verizon's "3G" but judging by speedtests I've done when I was on T-Mobile and then coming back to Verizon all I can say is yes, my personal experience is that Verizon's 3G is much slower than some competitior's.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Does anybody elses phone take forever to load youtube videos on their phone? Then the phone stops a bunch of times to buffer the video. My friend suggested downloading a task killer and its still slow? Does our phones have a built in task killer or task manager? I just put the task killer app on and I was wondering if its bad for the phone? Any insight is appreciated.

I have the same problem. I guess it just comes down to Verizon's horrible 3g.
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk