Gallery Showing Wrong Pics

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well i have cleared all caches and deleted the data on the camera and gallery and still cant get it to work. Also have tried switching between AOSP camera and Blur camera because im running liberty v1.5 and even that wont work.

When i open the gallery it shows my pics as thumbnails in the correct order. when i go to click on an image to enlarge it for viewing it shows that the pic is loading and right before it loads on the screen it switches to a different pic. Almost seems like something is overwriting the original pic and displaying the image it wants to.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated. This is just a major inconvenience with the camera as i just got this D2 in the mail from having to get the insurance to replace my last one because the auto focus on the camera quit and this is my 3rd replacement. Thanks in advance yall and wondering if anyone else has this problem?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Have you tried going into File Manager or Root Explorer and going to the folder housing those pictures and see if they are still there?

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea they are in the SD card folder in the gallery and they still show up when I access the SD card through astro file manager. This is weird its almost like a glitch

Sent from my Liberated D2

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Well, I have the same phone, same ROM, using ADW EX, and OC'ed differently than you and I have no problem viewing my pictures.

Can you try to see if you can change a wallpaper to a different picture? I don't know if you've tried all different methods that point to using the gallery.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
*update*

I plugged it into the computer and went into the DCIM folder and then went into Thumbnails and veiwed several pics then closed it and unplugged my phone. After i unplugged it i went into the gallery and it said londing new pics. Once it loaded them i went into the sdcard folder and the pics came up fine. I guess when i unplugged the last time the pics must not have loaded right or something.

I appreciate the help swagger

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
No problem. Might have had a syncing issue. I don't understand how the PC corrects issues like this if none of those files are on there and only on the Droid. It's weird.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it technology is just getting to do its own thing sometimes. You think maybe when its in mass storage mode it unmounts the sd card and when everything is loadin up after it mounts again it just doesnt load all the data? or maybe loads data over other data?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I would think that may be the very case because when it unmounts, the PC has control over the entire SD Card, then when unplugging it the SD Card refreshes everything on it so any new file or folders that were put on it will show up or anything that was removed will no longer show. So maybe a simple refresh on the SD Card got it all to clear up. Glad it didn't evolve into a serious issue.