Need help with Gallery

omnibus

Reaction score
When I open the Gallery I see:
1. A block of four thumbnails labeled "Camera pictures (2)"
2. A block of four thumbnails labeled "Camera media (2)"
Both of these have identical content, currently two pics each.

3. A block of four thumbnails labeled "All pictures (773)"
4. A block of four thumbnails labeled "Images (771)"
The two images difference is that #3 adds the two camera pics, they otherwise are identical

The two latter blocks are a result of using double twist to import my iphone contents.

What can I do about it? Thanks!

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
This is just the way Gallery breaks things down. I too was a little confused and disconcerted when I first saw this arrangement but eventually you get used to it and learn to take advantage of it.

If you create a folder structure on your SD Card, it makes finding what you want so much easier as long as you move pictures/media from time to time into the right folders.

SD Card Root
-> Pics
--> Family
--> Wallpapers
--> Mexico

-> Video
-->TV Shows
---> Family Guy
---> Twilight Zone
---> Etc

Now when you go into Gallery if you scroll past the "All xxxx" you'll see your subdirectories you created broken down and it makes it much easier to find what you're looking for.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
AW beat me to this, I was on mobile site but forgot my login hehehe.

Rumours abound that the gallery gets a revamp in 2.1 ... but he's spot on for your answer. There are several apps though that can function better, such as allowing you to see the names to your images and videos as well.

OP
O

omnibus

Reaction score
AW beat me to this, I was on mobile site but forgot my login hehehe.

Rumours abound that the gallery gets a revamp in 2.1 ... but he's spot on for your answer. There are several apps though that can function better, such as allowing you to see the names to your images and videos as well.
Can you name any of the alternative/better apps? Thanks.