gallery>library>wtf?

c_mack9

Reaction score
why is every skin from beautiful widgets showing up in my gallery? theres hundreds of them. makes it awfully difficult to use it.

chris420o

Reaction score
yeah i am having the same friggin issue i been searching EVERYWHERE for this damn cache where is ittt so i can put a damn .nomedia!!!

wseyller

Reaction score
The stock gallery app is crap all together. I installed quickpic as a replacement. Leaps and bounds better and should allow you to hide those images from your view

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets should automatically include .nomedia files... It's not the gallery's fault. It finds all the images it can. If images were failing to show up people would be complaining about that also. :D

jaycbrf4

Reaction score
Ok... I just fixed this on my Droid 3.

Copy DCIM folder to computer. Delete DCIM folder from phone.

Go to manage Applications and clear Gallery's cache.

Find your .nomedia file... I got mine in the Games folder from the Nova demo data folder.

Paste the .nomedia folder into each individual skin's folder. So go into Data/Beautifulwidgets/skins and copy into each folder in there... Then go into Data/Beautifulwidgets/wskins and do the same... then bskins... scskins and so on.

I noticed that some downloaded skins already had a .nomedia file there so I skipped it and moved on to the next skin's folder until I pasted a .nomedia file into every skin folder in the BeautifulWidgets folder.

open Gallery and delete everything that is in there. I had like 504 generic photo icons from the skin jpegs. I selected multiple and then deleted.

copy DCIM folder back to phone. open Gallery and you should be all set... At least I was...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The stock gallery app is crap all together. I installed quickpic as a replacement. Leaps and bounds better and should allow you to hide those images from your view

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

That's the way to go. There are several apps that'll hide any albums that just pop up.

scdown

Reaction score
Yeah, quickpic lets you include and exclude folders from the search - I choose to include only what I need to speed things up.

wseyller

Reaction score
If only when using the camera could i get to quickpic instead of the stock gallery when using the camera app's preview. Wish it would give us a choice as to a default.

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I really hate apps that automatically scan my drives/cards for files it thinks I might want it to include. Like most users here, I'm smart enough to know where my pictures are, and if the app wants to look for them somewhere other than their default location, it should let me specify where to look.

eap369

Reaction score
hide pics

any one know if you can hide pics completely from the stock gallery finding them? i tried quickpic and is says once you hide the folder no other app should be able to find them but the stock gallery still shows the pics.dancedroid