Galaxy S7 Stable Nougat Update Coming In January!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-nougat-3723-011.jpg

We are nearly to the first of the year and we still don't have a stable build of Nougat for Galaxy S7 devices. That is about to change though as Samsung has wrapped up the Nougat beta program for the S7 and S7 edge. The beta program has been running strong for the past few months. I have personally enjoyed the Nougat Beta, and have not found many bugs at all even in the first beta build. The only issue I had was with wifi. To reconnect to wifi after connecting and disconnecting you needed to reboot your phone. This seemed to be the only issue that was holding back an official release.

There will be no more Beta releases for the S7 or S7 Edge. Samsung has stated that they will be bringing the official Nougat build for the devices "as soon as possible" in January. Once the official build is out internationally we may have to wait a bit for the update to hit US carrier devices. Hopefully the carriers are able to turn around the update within a few weeks of the official international update going live. How has your experience been with the Beta program?

via SamMobile

GAstorino

Reaction score
Hows the battery life. Better then the recent 6.01 which got hot and drained my phone within a couple of hours doing nothing till I deleted many things and wiped cache and reload the phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hows the battery life. Better then the recent 6.01 which got hot and drained my phone within a couple of hours doing nothing till I deleted many things and wiped cache and reload the phone.
Battery life should be a bit better as Doze mode in Nougat is better optimized. I don't know how nice it plays outside of my Pixel device, but battery life has been excellent on my Pixel and I get far better battery life than I ever did on my s7 Edge, despite its bigger battery capacity.

That being said, Samsung should be pretty good about optimizing Nougat for its various devices, especially their flagship s7 and s7 Edge devices.

Also considering this is considered a major update you may want to do a factory reset after accepting the update. It's not necessary, but doing so may fix any little bugs you may run into, such as excessive battery drain. You can definitely narrow it down app by app, but a factory reset ensures a clean slate for your newly updated device.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. I always FDR before I download the update. That way there are no apps to conflict with the install. Been doing this since the update to gingerbread from froyo Haven't had a single bug yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk