Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge How To Disable Bloatware

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The fact that Samsung decided to only offer the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge through carriers in the US is kind of annoying. This means that not only are our bootloaders locked, but we also have to deal with the huge amounts of bloatware that come preinstalled. Some of the apps are carrier specific apps that are meant to add value to the user experience. These apps are rarely used by me and just take up space. Other bloatware apps are designed to net carriers fees from said app developers. Either way I didn't ask for these apps, so I normally disable them when I can.

Disabling the apps will not restore your precious memory as there is no way to delete the apps from the phone natively. While disabling the apps won't free up space it will help you to clean up your app drawer and make things much less cluttered on your device.

To disable apps you don't need or want just follow these simple step:

-Go To Settings
-Click on device
-click applications folder
-choose app manager
-choose an app
-and choose to disable the app
-you might as well disable notifications on the app while you are here
-do the same for the rest of your unwanted apps.

via AndroidGuys

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've come to enjoy the VZW Message+ app the last few days. Most of VZW over the years have sucked, but that one has been among the best messaging apps I've used.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've come to enjoy the VZW Message+ app the last few days. Most of VZW over the years have sucked, but that one has been among the best messaging apps I've used.

I agree that's much better than what Verizon typically offers. The cross-device functionality is great, with the ability to view, receive, and send texts via WiFi on all of your devices - phone, tablet, computer, etc - regardless of platform (Android, iOS, Windows, Mac...). It's not my messaging app of choice, but it's a surprisingly good option for those on Verizon.