Galaxy S4 Stuck in cycle of "installing system update" after 4.4

VBlackshadow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Glaxy S4mini
Ok, so after some reading around, I'm getting the impression that my best bet is to use something called Odin and install a ROM.

The trouble is (because I'm completely new to this) that there are so many terms I don't understand, I'm worried I'm going to brick my phone by installing the wrong rom.

Would someone be kind enough to copy a link to a useable ROM? I'm in the UK and use Virgin mobile.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Have you tried @Ollie suggestion in post 5?

VBlackshadow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Glaxy S4mini
Thanks Jeffrey, I'll try that.

Unfortunately the phone goes straight to the 'installing system update screen when I try to do the hard factory reset, without giving me the option to wipe data or reset. it then promptly ststes 'error' and restarts, then freezes on the Samsung screen.

When I've tried to use Kies, it
Thanks Jeffrey, I'll try that.

Unfortunately the phone goes straight to the 'installing system update screen when I try to do the hard factory reset, without giving me the option to wipe data or reset. it then promptly ststes 'error' and restarts, then freezes on the Samsung screen.

When I've tried to use Kies, to updtate firmware, it says "GT-I9195 model does not support initialisation". So looks like I'm going to have to do it the hard way!

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how I get on

VBlackshadow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Glaxy S4mini
K so I'm stuggling to find the VM ROM... Is it definitely a ROM I need? Is that the same as a firmware update and initiliasation? Haha I'm very confused.

The link above samsungupdates.com - samsungupdates Resources and Information. sends me to a website with "related searches" and "sponsored sites".

I did a quick google for similar links (Samsung Updates Latest News and Firmware for your Samsung Devices but still can't find a VM ROM. Is that specifically for VIrgin? I found a few for EUR region, but I don't wanna use them if it's not gonna work with my sim.

Another site has various links: Select Your Region - Samsung Update

e.g. for 02 etc, but no VIrgin. I'm sorry to be a pain in the arse!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I have the Rom, downloaded yesterday. Will send you links to download and instructions momentarily!

EDIT: Private Message SENT! ;)

Last edited:

aimy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G355H/DS
guys please help i updated my galaxy core 2 duos software using OTA naw its stuck on system installing cycle. i cant use my phone anymore please help:(