Galaxy s4 / s5 differences?

richtheruler

Reaction score
Should I get the Galaxy s4 or s5? Im eligible for an upgrade with Verizon and don't want to spend a lot on a new phone.
The only difference looks like the s5 has more bloatware and a better camera. Is that right? I can get the s4 on amazon for 1 cent and the s5 for $79.99.
What do you think? Thanks!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL, well this is true. I think in the long run you'll be happier with the S5.
To answer your original question: on paper there doesn't seem like much of a difference. If you don't want to spend the money, you certainly can't go wrong with the S4. (The 5 is my current device and I couldn't be happier) That said, we have a number of members on our S5 sister forum who made the jump from the S4 to the S5 and they claim it's a significant improvement in every way. I went from the S3 to the S5 and that was a huge jump. If you can get it for less than 100 bucks I'd go for it. If you don't care about the latest & greatest, go with the S4.

tap'n

OP
R

richtheruler

Reaction score
Good points. I have the s3....I might have to spend the money and get the s5

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
An s5 for $80 is a really good deal.

If you have an s3 now, the s4 won't feel like too much of an upgrade. s3 --> s5, yeah you'll notice the upgrade.

As an s4 owner who's had some pretty significant hands on time with the s5, it's an upgrade. Where the s4 has its hiccups (which it really shouldn't considering the specs), the s5 flies through it. However, I personally wouldn't upgrade to the s5 if I already have the s4. If I had an s3 or different phone of same generation, yes it's a significant upgrade to the s5.