Galaxy S4 poor & cheap design

mmahajneh

Reaction score
Premium phone should be premium in every thing, carrying an S4 is the same as carrying an S1, S2, S3, or even the mid linup, I think Samsung should show steel or fancy chrome to its flagship rather than the continously repeated cheap and poor design, what do you think?

Wolfman38

Reaction score
Their design with plastic is the number one reason I will not own a Galaxy. With the way I treat my phone, the plastic will not hold up. There for I need a phone that has a high quality build to it and not some cheap plastic.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the note 2 and it is a solid device. Does it use the metal that motorola uses no but it is not a cheap device. Plus I keep a case on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

mmahajneh

Reaction score
But do you feel that you are proud and special when you carry plastic! even with its comparable tech specs. I think no body do while you are paying much money so you should expect higher speciality and value as well.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Why do you feel plastic is cheap??? Plastic is far more durable then a phone covered in glass!!! Plus plastic enables the phones to be light which I prefer!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

huskur

Reaction score
But do you feel that you are proud and special when you carry plastic! even with its comparable tech specs. I think no body do while you are paying much money so you should expect higher speciality and value as well.

I'm "proud" AND "special"! No matter what phone I have :) I don't need a phone to make me feel that way. Those who do live under a rock.

OP
M

mmahajneh

Reaction score
Looooool. Keep proud, special and shiny and I will take care of you ;) , back to the subject we are talking about something called device value to the one who hold not personality value...Enjoy ur plastic :)

jamjr74

Reaction score
Looooool. Keep proud, special and shiny and I will take care of you ;) , back to the subject we are talking about something called device value to the one who hold not personality value...Enjoy ur plastic :)

Just curious as to what device you feel is "premium" if not the Galaxy series? Motorola RAZR line???

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have had both. Plastic is definitely gonna be more durable if dropped. I broke 3 motorolas and all broke, not that I dislike motorola at all. I've dropped (Yea I can be clumbsy) the s3 many times and no damage.. I guess it really depends on how hard and far and how it hits the ground and on what surface.

huskur

Reaction score
All these devices are expensive. It's not like your house phone, if you drop it and it breaks you just go to walmart and get another for $50 and you are good to go. When paying big money for a "mobile" device you really should protect it somewhat. Even if its made of Tungsten!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
All these devices are expensive. It's not like your house phone, if you drop it and it breaks you just go to walmart and get another for $50 and you are good to go. When paying big money for a "mobile" device you really should protect it somewhat. Even if its made of Tungsten!

Oh I didn't say I didn't use a case, I use an Incipio, which is rubberyish also ..

Last edited:

jl1967

Reaction score
Why do you feel plastic is cheap??? Plastic is far more durable then a phone covered in glass!!! Plus plastic enables the phones to be light which I prefer!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Ditto.

themuttt

Reaction score
Oh I didn't say I didn't use a case, I use an Incipio, which is ribberyish also ..
I am loving all of the rage by people "needing" a metal case when the first thing they are going to do is put it in a plastic case. My wife has an S3 and it feels of better quality than my bionic