Galaxy S3 not sleeping

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Recently my gs3 has not been seeping. the screen stays on forever if i let it. This doesn't happen every time, or when using any specific app. I am using Go-launcher, but i have been using it since i got the phone, and never had a problem until recently. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

floodee123

Reaction score
I have that same damn problem and it kills my battery like no other. ill pull it out of my pocket and the screen will be on and ill be like **** again? or after i get a text itll just stay on until i prress the power button to manually turn it off.

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
That happened to my girlfriends phone I just used a battery saver app works fine now

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB

lovellstudios

Reaction score
Same here! Since the JB update - the phone stays on forever, and looses 4G - the only way to get it back to normal (the old normal) is to restart... that helps for a day or so...

floodee123

Reaction score
Same here! Since the JB update - the phone stays on forever, and looses 4G - the only way to get it back to normal (the old normal) is to restart... that helps for a day or so...

Yea same thing it cant seem to hold a 4g signal for to long. It just goes back to 3g in places i know i used to have 4g.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
At least i'm not alone. Here's to hoping that they fix this with a bug update soon.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I am not sure which version of S3 you all are running, but that should not be happening. I know many people with S3 and no such issue exist. That's not some generic bug. Sometimes the OTA doesn't install quite right. I know this sucks, but have any of you tried a factory reset? If you still have issues after resetting, return phone to carrier and get a new one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Elitetious

Reaction score
Some one are getting this problem after Jelly Bean update. Try to avoid this by using some battery saver applications.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I'm not getting the problem at all and no one I know that has this phone has it as well. Maybe it is a specific defect or bug.

Sent from my SGS3 using Droid Forums

Brian72

Reaction score
I've had this same issue, although I thought it was related to the smart stay feature. Usually I'll see the little eye icon light up permanently, and sometimes moving the phone to another location will help. Perhaps the phone is confused by some lighting and thinks someone is looking at the phone. Other times it just stays on for no reason.

Not a big issue, since now I just make sure the screen is off before putting it in my pocket, but a fix would be nice.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
On that note do all of you have the smart feature enabled?? If so have you tried disabling it to see what happens??