Galaxy S3 Echoes for those I call

itsallido

Reaction score
Whenever I call someone via my Samsung Galaxy S3, be it a land line or another cell phone, they always complain of echoing from my phone. This has been happening ever since I purchased the phone in November. If I turn down the volume some it helps but it never goes away completely. Please help, it is driving me and everyone I call crazy!!!!?

phil72

Reaction score
I have had people complain about this as well with my GS3 only bought in November and never dropped etc., if I hear or find out anything I'll pass it along.

NoSpinHere

Reaction score
Whenever I call someone via my Samsung Galaxy S3, be it a land line or another cell phone, they always complain of echoing from my phone. This has been happening ever since I purchased the phone in November. If I turn down the volume some it helps but it never goes away completely. Please help, it is driving me and everyone I call crazy!!!!?

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER! I went through the same exact highly frustrating experience, returned my phone to Tmobile once, and finally found the answer after searching the web for an hour; I am very surprised the Tmobile sales staff is not trained to solve this "easy fix" problem. The reason callers are hearing an echo on your phone is because there is a small active speaker on the back side of the phone that is covered up, probably by your phone case. I bought a non-Samsung-designed phone case because I need one that has high traction rubber, and upon cutting out the back side of the case, I covered up the small speaker. Try removing your phone case and have someone call you to confirm that your problem is solved. Best regards!

phil72

Reaction score
So your saying cover the speaker beside your camera flash etc.? I've got lots of cases and have realized your right about that some cases make it worse then others, I've now just switched to Otterbox Defender only for the holster and better drop protection due to work this has happened before!:(
I have everything from a simple silicone case, then an eBay plastic case with holster (broke clip on holster 2nd day but liked the case etc. light weight not bulky), Otterbox Comutter, UAG very cool case light weight but super protecting and finally just got the Otterbox Defender and only complaints are very bulky(but protective)& that stupid clear plastic over the screen!
Point is what you mentioned has sense as I didn't get that echo with certain cases etc. good catch!

coop82

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first forum I've ever posted on so be gentle.
I just recently got my s3 and am a little disapointed. My keypad is extremely slow , get force close errors a lot . And sometimes apps just lock up. Is there something I can do?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Hi, this is my first forum I've ever posted on so be gentle.
I just recently got my s3 and am a little disapointed. My keypad is extremely slow , get force close errors a lot . And sometimes apps just lock up. Is there something I can do?

Boot the phone into recovery mode and clear the cache and dalvik.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

coop82

Reaction score
ok

Im not the most tech savy guy, so how do I go about booting in recovery mode

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have an S3 so I can't say exactly where it's at but probably in call settings.
Uncheck voice privacy. It is an imitation of cdma that is not needed and sometimes can produce the echo. Most Verizon phones it is on by default.
Another possible solution, especially on Bluetooth, is turn the handset volume down a little if it's on maximum.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post