People I call hear echo/feedback...

aprudy

Reaction score
I am finding my experience with the S3 to be really excellent... however a number of people I call, especially my wife, gets an echo and/or feedback whenever we talk via my S3. It doesn't matter if I call her on her work, her cell or at home via our land line.
I've seen things elsewhere about these issues, some saying that its the second microphone, some suggesting that its the use of protective cases... does anyone else have this problem? were you able to solve it without taking the phone apart and putting material over the second microphone and other places (as suggested by one or more people in discussions elsewhere)?
Thanks,
APR

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
does anyone complain of an echo when they talk to you?

My gf has an S3 and when I talk to her I hear an echo. The verizon rep won't change it out cause he doesn't hear the echo. Her mom hears the echo too. My question is does anyone else have this issue, the caller hears an echo not the s3

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
My gf has an S3 and when I talk to her I hear an echo. The verizon rep won't change it out cause he doesn't hear the echo. Her mom hears the echo too. My question is does anyone else have this issue, the caller hears an echo not the s3

Merged with an existing thread that's asking the same question. :)

Personally, I haven't had anyone complain about or mention there being an echo when I talk to them on my S3.

rlfitz

Reaction score
I've heard an echo of whatever I had just said a second or two earlier on occasion . it doesn't do it all the time so I don't think it's case or 2nd mic related. I think it's probably a reception issue. I currently have crap Tmobile. Most of the time it doesn't do it. Just in certain areas.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was on phone with a tech,she's the one that bought it to my attention.She said sounded like my windows were down when I was on phone with her.She's sending me another.Thank you nice tech lady :biggrin:

rlfitz

Reaction score
I will also be getting a new S3. But for different reasons. My boss pays for our phones and he wanted to ditch Verizon cause their rates are F'n ridiculous now. So we switched to Tmobile. That's what I have now. But of course it just plain sucks. So it's gonna be sprint time in a week or so. I'm not expecting much from Sprint as far as reception goes but hey its a free phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

GrsmRngr

Reaction score
My gf has an S3 and when I talk to her I hear an echo. The verizon rep won't change it out cause he doesn't hear the echo. Her mom hears the echo too. My question is does anyone elst have this issue, the caller hears an echo not the s3

I've had my Note 2 for almost a year, My husband got one about aa month ago. We have the same problem. I hear an awful echo of myself when I call HIM, and he occasionally does when he calls me. I've not had this problem when I call anyone else. It seems to just be between the 2 Samsung phones. We're tot ever given a solution? I'm wondering if it may have something to do with voice enhancement or something? Thanks for any response. Amanda

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try opening the Phone app, menu, tap call settings, scroll to the bottom and uncheck Voice Privacy. Those instructions are on a Note2.
On different models it might be a little different to get to Voice Privacy but that might be the reason for the echo . It's the phone attempting to mimic cdma which has not been needed since the days of analog.
If you are using Bluetooth , sometimes turning the volume down just a smidge on the phone itself cures the echo.
Hope that helps
Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

Last edited:

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
back when my girlfriend first got her S-3 i would hear an echo when i talked to her on my Bionic, her mom also heard an echo. verizon changed out the sim card and it didnt make a difference, he said he didnt hear the echo so he didnt want to exchange the phone. He kept saying it was my Bionic, i continued to argue the case with him until another rep intervened and heard the echo on his phone. the original rep finally relented and gave her a new phone and we never heard the echo again. the original phone was damaged, and i had to fight with the verizon rep to get the problem resolved.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I remember a tread on here some time ago about how VZW reps try to make you feel like you don't know what you're talking about.

Sent from my Note 3 rockin Jelly Bean 4.3

GrsmRngr

Reaction score
Try opening the Phone app, menu, tap call settings, scroll to the bottom and uncheck Voice Privacy. Those instructions are on a Note2.
On different models it might be a little different to get to Voice Privacy but that might be the reason for the echo . It's the phone attempting to mimic cdma which has not been needed since the days of analog.
If you are using Bluetooth , sometimes turning the volume down just a smidge on the phone itself cures the echo.
Hope that helps
Support Our Troops!!!
<><

That seemed to do the trick. We've not heard the echo yet :) I just realized HOW riddled with typos my post was....guess I should have had my S Pen out instead ;)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to make myself use my S pen,sometimes I just plain forget I have a S pen

I use a mesh tipped stylus when not using the s pen. Sometimes I forget and try to push the non existent button on the stylus pen to get a screen shot :screwy:

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use a mesh tipped stylus when not using the s pen. Sometimes I forget and try to push the non existent button on the stylus pen to get a screen shot :screwy:

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Is there a reason why you use a mesh tipped stylus?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rubber tipped ones skip all over the place and leave marks. Mesh tipped slide like a finger and actually help clean the screen. Much better for slider keyboards. I use a slider keyboard for the below reason.
Why I use a stylus of any kind is because I have huge, clunky fingers and using a stylus is more like writing with pen and paper which seems to get along with my brain better than anything computer oriented such as typing and clicking.
I've been using a stylus as long as there have been touch screen phones and tablets. Folks looked at me all weird like when I used to whip out my stylus for use on my Dare. The s pen reminds me of my Dare and Omnia days with its thinness and accuracy.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><