Galaxy Note 4 to Include Fingerprint Scanner with New Fingerprint Software Features

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-concept-curved-screen.jpg
The above is a concept render found on the web.

Although it's probably no surprise, the latest intel seems to confirm that Samsung plans to include a fingerprint scanner on their Galaxy Note 4, just as they have on their Galaxy S5. On top of this physical feature, Sammy is supposedly going to include some additional software features as well. Here's a quote with a few of the details,

The Galaxy Note 4 will pack the same fingerprint sensor technology as the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy Alpha, Synaptics’ Natural ID sensor, which will offer users the same kind of features available on the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy Alpha, but also brand new ones.

In addition to Screen Lock, Private Mode, Samsung Account Verification and PayPal payments, Samsung will launch a Fingerprint Shortcuts feature and Web Sign-in mode.

Fingerprint Shortcuts will let users assign a different app to each registered fingerprint, so the app can be quickly launched from the lock screen, while Web Sign-in is supposed to allow users to easily log into various sites by associating log in information to their fingerprints.

Will the fingerprint scanner rise in popularity as the technology evolves? How important is this feature to you?

Source: BGR

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im beginning to feel like the note 4 is just going to be 4 times the bloat. You already going to have all the carrier bloatware + all the s features from the past few devices and now they are adding more.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Don't need a fingerprint scanner, or waterproofing, or Knox, or a 42" display, or TouchWiz, or for that matter... a Samsung. : ) C'MON MOTO X+1 !!!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All that stuff is neat and all that but how about a bare bones model with all those neat things on the Samsung application store so we can decide how secure we want our device? I work at a toy store, have no national secrets the Chinese are wanting to steal .

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

trabical

Reaction score
My kids play on my phone all the time. If it could lock certain apps or launch a different user profile based on the fingerprint I would really like it. So when my 3 year old is trying to switch games from Angry Birds to Temple Run he doesn't remove my folders and shortcuts in the process. I currently require a password to open specific apps like the play store but this way I wouldn't have to do that. I understand this would take the resources of a PC similar to Windows User profiles but this beast has the specs of a home computer. I think it could handle it.

bigdad63

Reaction score
To bad it won't include a functional speaker. Huge fail & I won't be updating from my Note 3. C'mon HTC MAX2

annabelanwen

Reaction score
What ever happened to the retina scanner? That would have been cool, and it was a rumor early on.

wardo

Reaction score
I won't be downloading my fingertips anywhere. Renta scanner sounds cool to but who knows when these things will actually be needed in the future for important things like at the bank.