Galaxy Note 4 or Motorola Nexus 6?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which phone would you rather have, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or the upcoming Motorola-made Nexus 6?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nexus! I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 and was not as impressed, and the Note is just too big as a main phone for me.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm gonna stick with my note 4 preorder. I do kinda miss having a Nexus device, but I'm sold on the specs & the added functionality of the s pen.

I've had several moto phones over the last 5 years & grew tired of them. Still stuck with Samsung for now.

I know they're different devices, but after the new moto x got less than stellar camera reviews, I don't want to take the chance that the nexus will have similar issues in lower light settings. I'm no professional photographer, but I get some pretty darn decent shots with the s4, so I can only imagine the improvements on the note 4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nexus! I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 and was not as impressed, and the Note is just too big as a main phone for me.
Isn't the nexus a 5.9" screen? Is the phone itself a little smaller despite a slightly larger screen?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Note series are the best IMO of all the Samsung phones ..I preordered the N4 but I'm having second thoughts as I would like to have a Nexus again ..so I can rid myself of the last Verizon debacle...

M8 tap'd

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Note series are the best IMO of all the Samsung phones ..I preordered the N4 but I'm having second thoughts as I would like to have a Nexus again ..so I can rid myself of the last Verizon debacle...

M8 tap'd
Verizon debacle? Not sure what you mean? The unlimited data fiasco?

Because, having owned a Galaxy Nexus, I'll be the first to tell you that, even though the nexus program means quicker and guaranteed updates, vzw takes its sweet time releasing the same updates that other carriers send out slow themselves...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Verizon debacle? Not sure what you mean? The unlimited data fiasco?

Because, having owned a Galaxy Nexus, I'll be the first to tell you that, even though the nexus program means quicker and guaranteed updates, vzw takes its sweet time releasing the same updates that other carriers send out slow themselves...

I owned the Verizon Nexus and that was a total mess with them ..redheaded stepchild for sure ...I'm surprised they are going to join the party ...but then again it makes sense bc it's Motorola ...they have that relationship with Verizon ...

M8 tap'd

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, IMO people don't really use "fast OS updates" as their main reason to purchase a Nexus over a comparable flagship device the way they once did.

tap'n on my S5
Exactly. I'd be more apt to wait for my first phablet if I knew the update schedule wouldn't be as crappy as the galaxy nexus. As it stands, we're already seeing leaks of android L on the s5 and that and the note 4 are slated to receive the update, so I'll be running it with touchwiz, which has actually grown on my with the s 4. Are there a lot of options that I turned off when I first go it and still don't use? Yes. Are there widgets in my app drawer that I tried for a few minutes and never put on my homescreen again? Of course, but the little things that I do use from it are nice and with the specs of the note, they won't be hurting anything, even when it comes to storage space.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Isn't the nexus a 5.9" screen? Is the phone itself a little smaller despite a slightly larger screen?

Hmm. Maybe I spoke too soon? Have to do more investigation. Still if the Nexus is as big as the note then maybe I'll have to settle for the Turbo. Our maybe I'll get both and tether the Turbo off the Nexus?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Note 4. I've never owned a Nexus device. The draw for me to the Note 4 over the Shamu is the stylus. Most people won't use the stylus after a week of owning it, but it has become invaluable to me in my work.

I've only ever owned one Motorola device and that is the Xoom. It is now in my mom's possession and it just keeps on ticking.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Note 4. I've never owned a Nexus device. The draw for me to the Note 4 over the Shamu is the stylus. Most people won't use the stylus after a week of owning it, but it has become invaluable to me in my work.

I've only ever owned one Motorola device and that is the Xoom. It is now in my mom's possession and it just keeps on ticking.
I still have my note 2, that I keep in airplane mode, that I use for taking notes. It is basically an electronic note pad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Where the stylus really shines is on my Samsung Pro 12.2". Having the screen size of the Note is great in that I don't have to carry a laptop or my tablet around, but when I want to really get serious with work related stuff the 12.2 is my go to device.

I rarely use my MBPro anymore except to boot into Windows to do some gaming.